Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2010, 12:35 PM

Default MIDI record enabled and found but wont record

I apologize this this has been asked tons of times but Im new to Protools and recording in general.

I recently started using a Casio CTK-2100 MIDI keyboard and I have it all recognized in protools and it works fine, it comes through the designated speaker, it shows audio coming through in the mixer and edit windows but when I press try to record it doesnt record. Yes i have the track record enabled. MIDI thru works great, event when my playlist is already playing, it just doesnt want to record what Im playing on my MIDI controller.

I record enable the track, I press record, play and all it plays but all is created is a blank box

It seems to most likely be a simple fix in an option somewhere I just cant seem to figure it out.

thanks in advance
Old 10-23-2010, 12:51 PM

Default Re: MIDI record enabled and found but wont record

I should also add that I am running it as an instrument track, through one of the audio input ports on my MBox

edit: Also, when I go to "setup/MIDI/Input devices..." my keyboard is not shown