Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > Storage Subsystems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-09-2010, 04:21 PM

Default Sonnet Pro E-sata Express card -> external hard drive?

I know that E-Sata drives are not currently supported by Digi, but what about using the Sonnet Pro E-sata Express card to connect to an external drive? In this case a G-Tech 500g, 7200 rpm.

My set up daisychains as such: Digi 002 -> G-Drive -> Macbook Pro.

I had sent my G-DriveQ back because I kept getting a -9073 error message and every time I tried to format that drive (after copying my files of course) Disk Utility would crash.

I was sent a replacement. The G-Drive (without the Q). This one is refusing to daisychain. The "1394" green light will start blinking and Pro-Tools will either crash or not record. I tried plugging the Rack directly into the computer just to see if it would work, and it does.

I called G-Tech and their support suggested I get the Sonnet Card to connect my laptop to the sata port on the back of the G-Drive.

1) Would the Sonnet Card work fine for daisychaining?

2) Has anyone had any similar problems with drives not daisychaining?

3) Should I just call up G-Tech and demand a replacement for the replacement?

Please help! So much of my mixing work is piled up.