Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2004, 11:00 AM

Default key command for pasting IN FRONT of region?

During editing, I often need to replace some audio at the front of a region, and I am sure there is a way to do it without having to manually align the end/start of the regions. I tried looking in the key-command shortcut list, but couldn't find anything that looked like what I need. Maybe I am just not looking for the right phrase...

Can anybody help me on this one?

PTLE 6.4
mBox
1.8 GHz iMac G5 20"
1.25 GHz RAM
Old 12-01-2004, 11:08 AM

Default Re: key command for pasting IN FRONT of region?

From: The keyboard PDF linked to in the Pro Tools Help menu

Snap region end to stationary playhead or edit selection start. . . . . . . . . Command + control + click new region with Grabber (or while dragging from the Region List)

Rail
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Old 12-01-2004, 11:23 AM

Not totally sure if this is what you mean... but here is a very handy trick. First higlight the region that you want the other region to replace. Then Control click on the region that you want to move and the that region will instantly move to the previously selected region.

Even more, if you control command click on that region then the end movees to the beginning of the previously selected region and control shift clicking moves the sync point to the start of the region.

Actually, you don't have to select a region to move to/replace. You can just set the cursor there and all the above methods work. Try it out.

Hope this helps.

Old 12-01-2004, 06:48 PM

thanks guys! I didn't recognize the wording of that in the PDF, but I get it now. I also like the paste option from g.mongoose. happy cutting and pasting from now on!