Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series

Old 03-27-2015, 01:16 AM

Default Re: Shift + fader sets level to 0db

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewiz View Post
Ok try upgrading to latest EuCon:)
I appreciate your efforts to help; but, as I said before, my Mac Pro NIC's are bonded, with EUCON on a dedicated VLAN. Avid has specifically blocked EUCON from using those protocols, in recent versions. The latest version that works with my system is v3.0.1 (using the term "works" loosely).

The Shift+Touch Fader=0dB bug is only one of a long list of issues with EUCON.
Old 03-27-2015, 01:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-WYO View Post
I appreciate your efforts to help; but, as I said before, my Mac Pro NIC's are bonded, with EUCON on a dedicated VLAN. Avid has specifically blocked EUCON from using those protocols, in recent versions. The latest version that works with my system is v3.0.1 (using the term "works" loosely).

The Shift+Touch Fader=0dB bug is only one of a long list of issues with EUCON.

So why not switch to proper protocols then?
Sorry but I don't understand this, there must be other Ethernet switches that will make this work?
If Avid has abandoned the protocols you're using you really have no choice if you like to use they're products.
Old 03-27-2015, 02:12 AM

Quote:
So why not switch to proper protocols then?
Sorry but I don't understand this, there must be other Ethernet switches that will make this work?
With all due respect, your questions betray your ignorance of Ethernet and networking. Not to worry, though. No one's born knowing this stuff.

Quote:
If Avid has abandoned the protocols you're using you really have no choice if you like to use they're products.
And therein lies the rub... My MC Mix's and MC Control are Euphonix brand, purchased brand-new, before Avid bought (and gutted) Euphonix. Had I known I would find myself in Avid's clutches, I most certainly would NOT have bought them. What is happening now with the Artist Series is typical Avid. The company's legacy is one of greed, immense ego, and disdain for customer support - and it has been so for decades.
Old 03-27-2015, 02:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-WYO View Post
With all due respect, your questions betray your ignorance of Ethernet and networking. Not to worry, though. No one's born knowing this stuff.

And therein lies the rub... My MC Mix's and MC Control are Euphonix brand, purchased brand-new, before Avid bought (and gutted) Euphonix. Had I known I would find myself in Avid's clutches, I most certainly would NOT have bought them. What is happening now with the Artist Series is typical Avid. The company's legacy is one of greed, immense ego, and disdain for customer support - and it has been so for decades.

Ok, I guess the solution you're left with then is to sell it and move over to something else. If you can't get it to work the way you want it to and there isn't a solution coming any time soon.. Yes I'm not an expert on network systems.. It just work so I don't have to worry, but then again I only have one unit.
Old 03-27-2015, 02:41 AM

Quote:
Ok, I guess the solution you're left with then is to sell it and move over to something else. If you can't get it to work the way you want it to and there isn't a solution coming any time soon.. Yes I'm not an expert on network systems.. It just work so I don't have to worry, but then again I only have one unit.
I think it's awesome that it's working for you. Consider yourself fortunate.

Musicians & sound engineers shouldn't also have to be network engineers or computer programmers. That's the job of the companies from whom we buy our tools. Unfortunately, in many instances, the tools are long on glitter and hype, but short on operability. They're rife with poor engineering, incompatibilities, incomplete and/or poorly written code, and lack of support by the manufacturer/developer. Hmmm... sound familiar?
Old 03-27-2015, 02:52 AM

Lol..:)
Old 03-28-2015, 12:54 AM

Ok guys, you have all been more than helpful, but could you please refrain from taking this thread too far from the original subject please.

I just wish Avid staff had the time to read this and that they took the effort to report on my original question:

"The Eucon Feature "Shift + fader sets level to 0db" hasn't been working since version 3.1 update in december 2013.

Has Avid any plans to fix this issue?"
Old 03-30-2015, 07:33 AM

http://youtu.be/i3iwaukeFP4
Old 03-30-2015, 10:58 PM

Thanks for the video, very well presented.
Old 03-31-2015, 10:50 AM

Quote:
As I explained I touch the fader on the artist mix. I guess it works the same in Cubase if you press command on you're keyboard and touch the fader on the controller. It's not perfect but a workaround. Ok I started out on Cubase in mid 90's and I worked in Nuendo for some time too early 2000. I'll never go back, but Logic is a different story. We all have our preference. Good luck..
This does not work for Cubase... at least under Win 7 64 bit!

It's a trade-off right now between EuControl versions for functionality. Do you want the shift + fader=0, and page only 4 tracks at a time if you also have an Artist Control (3.0.1), or do you want to page 8 tracks at a time... and have re-allocated EQ positions on the Control touch screen, but also have shift + fader = 0 broken on the Mix (3.2.1)?

These are just some of the differences I've experienced between EuControl 3.0.1, and 3.2.1

Man... I really wish I didn't have to choose, ...but I do!

Al

Last edited by MoPro; 03-31-2015 at 01:27 PM.