Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 08-27-2006, 11:16 AM

Default playing video out of PT LE

I've noticed that there is no option to 'play DV out of firewire' in PT LE on a PC, why is that?
and so how can I get video play back full-screen on a TV, as you would on a mac with a Canopus if this option isn't available?

Thanks alot
Paul
Old 08-28-2006, 03:11 AM

Default Re: playing video out of PT LE

Because it was a Mac only feature...only Digi knows why...anyway it seems that it's available now on PT HD 7.2 on Win XP too, so we may just have to wait for the new LE release and see if they put it in there too.
I think that as long as this option isn't available on XP your only possibility (other than locking an external playback system to PT via MTC and SPdif clock) is to get a dedicated triple head video card like the Matrox P750 or Parhelia I'm using for my system: configuring is a bit tricky, but once set up works great, dual monitors + full screen QT playback, and doesn't have sync hassles like Canopus or Avid Mojo have.
If you want to know more just do a research on that subject and several detailed posts will come up.

Hope this helps

L.G.
Old 08-28-2006, 04:56 AM

Default Re: playing video out of PT LE

Thanks alot

I thought this would be the route to go, but didn't know if PT would play the QTvideo full screen on the third monitor.
I tried it out on my dual head card, and it played full screen on the 2nd monitor, but only if the PT QT video window was open and visible on my main monitor...?

On your system can you close the QT window and still get full screen playback?

Thanks again

Paul