Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-02-2012, 11:52 PM

Default Input in ProTools set to Mac internal mic ?

Ok.

So after an extremely frustrating past few days of downloading drivers, uninstalling Protools, reinstalling protools, installing updates, restarting etc.

I finally got my Mbox to turn on without crashing My OS X 10.7.2 (after stumbling upon a link in this forum for a driver update for Pro Tools 10 )

However when I restarted and opened a new session the I/0 was set to the macs internal mic.

Soooo I set the Mbox both as my input and output in the system preferences and restarted for good measure.

Again I found the same problem. Got signal at the Mbox but it had no analog inputs in pro tools. Just the internal mic. Searched the forums for the past hour and a half and have found nothing.

I decided to try uninstalling ProTools and re-installing. Only to find that pro tools gets to the final minute of install and either freezes or won't finish.

I suppose the questions I need answered are.

1. How do I change the I/0 to be the Mbox 3 and not the Mac internal mic ?
2. Will I be able to reinstall Protools 10 from the email I received? (as pro tools 9 won't run on Mac 0SX 10.7)

3. Am I completely screwed ?

Im about ready to throw this Mbox and pro tools directly in the trash & never look back.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 01-03-2012, 12:20 AM
Avid

Post Re: Input in ProTools set to Mac internal mic ?

Still sounds like a Driver problem, or you haven't selected the Mbox in pro Tools.

If you have installed the drivers, please try launching Pro Tools with the N key down to see if the Mbox is available as a Playback Engine. kb391191
Old 01-03-2012, 07:45 AM

Default Re: Input in ProTools set to Mac internal mic ?

As mentioned, hold the N key down while launching Protools. You usually have to do this the first time after installing, or re-installing Protools. After that it should be fine.

Also, once you open up a Protools session, go to the I/O setup, and click "Default" on all tabs (input, output, bus, inserts). That's because the I/O setup is still thinking you're using the last setup, which was your internal Mac mic, until you tell it otherwise.
Old 04-07-2014, 06:24 PM

Default Re: Input in ProTools set to Mac internal mic ?

Go into i/o Setup and click Default for Inputs and Outputs.