How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > MIDI
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-16-2009, 07:48 PM

Post Changing the chord/notes in a duplicated loop

Hi Folks,
I am new to Pro Tools and struggling a bit. I am recording multiple midi tracks in a session. I have input the drums and rythm session. What I have done is played a bass pattern for one bar into a midi track. The notes are in the scale of C. I have then duplicated this region/loop for 118 bars and now want to change the notes in the scale of Dm and F at various bars of the song. How do I do this? Kindly help as I do not want to play the bass for the entire song as I make mistakes.
Old 04-16-2009, 07:56 PM

Default Re: Changing the chord/notes in a duplicated loop

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronaldjose View Post
What I have done is played a bass pattern for one bar into a midi track. The notes are in the scale of C. I have then duplicated this region/loop for 118 bars and now want to change the notes in the scale of Dm and F at various bars of the song. How do I do this?
Pitched Tracks by default is enabled for MIDI/Instrument tracks. Key Change (Start click) Key Signature Ruler. Check 'Edit Pitched Tracks', 'Transport' and 'Constrain Pitches to Key' then change the relevant options based on the Region selection.

Page 700 'Key Signatures' Reference Guide has more information defining these options.

filosofem
Old 04-17-2009, 08:10 AM

Thanks mate for your quick reply. Just a quick question to follow up. I went to Event>Add Key Change and selected Gminor chordthen selected "Edit Pitched Tracks", tranpose up and diagonally. However, it does not sound like the minor chord that the keyboard plays. Am I doing something wrong here. Also, I have unchecked the Drum tracks from being pitched tracks.
Old 04-17-2009, 05:26 PM

The Chord Conductor Ruler is a reference display only, sadly.

filosofem