Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools SE and Essential (Mac)

Old 03-18-2010, 04:23 PM

Post A problem with PT E on Snow Leopard

Hi there,

I'm using a 13" Macbook Pro, SnowLeopard 10.6.2.

Initially I had the same problem as other users:

The Installation Failed
The installer encountered an error that caused the installer to fail. Contact software manufacturer for details

When I tried to install 8.0.3, the same thing appeared. I have used the InterLok installer.

However, the PT icon appeared on my dock, and I am able to open the program now, however it is different: the first example I can give is that when I open the program, there is no option to choose from Templates.

I feel that the installation has not been fully successful. Is there anything else I can do to achieve this?
Old 03-18-2010, 07:43 PM

Default Re: A problem with PT E on Snow Leopard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reubajam View Post
Hi there,

I'm using a 13" Macbook Pro, SnowLeopard 10.6.2.

Initially I had the same problem as other users:

The Installation Failed
The installer encountered an error that caused the installer to fail. Contact software manufacturer for details

When I tried to install 8.0.3, the same thing appeared. I have used the InterLok installer.

However, the PT icon appeared on my dock, and I am able to open the program now, however it is different: the first example I can give is that when I open the program, there is no option to choose from Templates.

I feel that the installation has not been fully successful. Is there anything else I can do to achieve this?
Do you know for a fact that you have the option of choosing a "template" on Essential?

Old 03-19-2010, 03:58 AM

I was going from the tutorial video on M-Audio's web site, which runs through using PT Essential for Fast Track recorders.

http://www.m-audio.com/index.php?do=...cdfa5fb646699b

Old 03-19-2010, 03:50 PM

I would contact digi at this point assuming your dvd may be bad. If you registered they will probably put a download version in your account so you can download and install with that instead of the dvd.

Old 03-20-2010, 06:35 AM

I ran into the same installation problem on a new Macbook Pro last night. The DVD made it about 90% through, gave a message saying there was about a minute remaining and then hung. It made noises every once in a while, but never completed. I couldn't quit the installation either. I hard powered off with the on off button and downloaded 8.0.3, following the online instructions to use the downloaded installer with the 8.0.2 disk installed.

I think we both made the same mistake by trying to load 8.0.2 on 10.6.2 to begin with.

Mine is working fine so far.

Maybe you could select uninstall from the download and start over, using the 8.0.3 download with the 8.0.2 disk sitting in the drive just for verification or whatever it uses it for.

bilco