Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-15-2012, 11:23 AM

Default Re: Mountain lion compatibility

Quote:
Originally Posted by maceasy View Post
Turbo, and others. I had the same issue with the 9.0.5 installer refusing to launch, just bouncing in the dock. BenP give us a clue, but doesn't explain how to do it. Here's how, after some research.
The installer is actually an app on your system. The PT installer package has some problem with it. If you launch installer first you can get round this. It is hidden in the folder in ... (YourHD)/System/Library/CoreServices. If you go there just open Installer and it will bring up file chooser window. Navigate to your open dmg and choose the 9.0.5 installer. It will then launch and install as normal. (Be patient when it writing package receipts -takes ages).
Once you have done that you can update to 9.0.6. Beware: use exactly the same method. If you try the usual method of launching by double clicking on the updater it will appear to launch and start installing, but it will crash near the end, and then refuse to work, as it has wiped the previous 9.0.5 version off the disc. In that case you have to start again with 9.0.5 install using Installer. However if you copy the procedure for 9.0.5, going into your system library and launching installer from there, 9.0.6 will update successfully and bingo, you are in business.
It appears to be a problem with the Avid installer, not PT itself. But I don't expect Avid are too bothered, as they want you to update to 10. But it seems to work fine when installed.
Thank you for this! Works great.
Old 08-21-2012, 11:09 AM

Having streaming problem with PT9, MBox Pro3 and Mountain Lion outside of PT9 use. This was occasional in Lion; but, has worsened.
Stable inside PT9; but, when using the MBox Pro3 to play music from other sources like iTunes, the music constantly cuts out; and, have to deselect and re-select MBox in System Prefs. Airplay is quite nice though and works flawlessly here.
Any ideas on this issue would be kindly appreciated.
Oh, I did use “ProTools Pref and Database Helper.app”; and, re-installed the new drivers from AVID posted July 5, 2012, 10.1.16 Drivers & 1.0.3 Firmware.
Best,
Seth
Old 08-21-2012, 07:05 PM

Does anyone have knowledge if this streaming problem with MBox Pro3, Mountain Lion, and using the AIF to play music might be fixed if I upgraded from PT9 to PT10?
Old 08-22-2012, 09:16 PM

Well, the problem seems to have been resolved! Not sure why though. All working fine now. Now why does that worry me some? : )
Best,
Seth
Old 08-30-2012, 04:53 PM

Feeling a bit stupid...just had to upgrade a capture computer for a digico sd9 (live sound console) and I record into pt9 over a madi box. Read the workaround on avid's site saying to bypass gatekeeper and install pt9.0.5 and should be able to run on mountain lion.

Went ahead and purchased mac mini with mountain lion...but now can't get pt 9 to install!! Anybody know of a workaround?
Old 09-05-2012, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenP View Post
Hi everyone! Here's an update on my upgrade woes...

Quick Situation Review:
- Was running OS X 10.6.7 with PT 9.0.3
- Upgraded to OS X 10.8.
- PT not working anymore
- Attempted to upgrade to PT 9.0.6
- PT 9.0.6 Updater deleted my PT 9.0.3 app and then crashed.
- A full install of PT 9.x was now needed.
- The PT 9.0.5 Full Installer link was not working on the AVID site.

The '9.0.5 Full Installer' file link in my 'AVID Account - Downloads' page was apparently fixed this afternoon. After repeated attempts to download it yesterday and this morning (with an AVID error screen indicating that the file was no longer available), it successfully downloaded this evening.

For anyone in my situation, you might run into these problems. Hopefully, this will help.

The 'Pro_Tools_905_Full_Installer_72732' would not run by itself for some reason. I had to launch the 'Installer.app' manually and then load the 'Install Pro Tools.mpkg' from the dialog box. This successfully ran the installer and restored ProTools v9.0.5 to my system.

After that, I had to do the same thing with the 'Pro_Tools_906_Updater_74249' disk image. The manual process was successful and my computer showed the PT application as being v9.0.6. Updating the drivers was next.

Unfortunately, re-installing the input drivers proved problematic as well. I'm running with a OO3 Rack. After mounting the driver update disk image, I tried to run the installer and received a system error stating that the file was "..damaged and can't be opened. You should eject the disk image." I presumed that the problem was OS related like the other installer issues and manually ran the driver installer. It was successful.

I launched my ProTools application and loaded a current project. I had one plug-in (Moogerfooger) that wasn't found, but otherwise, everything seems to work now.

I do want to mention that the 'DigiDioMidiDriver_v90_Fix_70303' disk image that contains the MIDI drivers would not run at all. After mounting the image and double clicking the contained app, I received the error "The operation couldn't be completed. (OSStatus error 100030.)" Due to the fact that I don't have or run any MIDI devices, this failure was not important to me and I spent no additional time trying to figure it out. It acknowledge that it might be important to someone else.

I'm assuming that my Waves Diamond plugins will work. I haven't installed them yet. Unless I post another update (or someone asks for more information), you can assume that I'm back up and running.
Ben, you saved the day with this. Thanks for posting your solution.
Old 08-16-2013, 09:33 AM

Did Avid ever qualify PT9 on 10.8? I have it on one system and it seems fine but I'd like more info before upping another PT9 system to 10.8. Thanks.