Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > ICON & C|24

Old 06-16-2009, 10:07 AM

Default Re: Ethernet Error

Quote:
Do you have a ethernet switch between the mac and the D-command?
Yesterday we installed a PCI Ethernet Card and connected the D-Command to that card. And as everyday, after a while the connection was found and worked for the rest of the day. And when turning the studio on today, guess what! Little by little it's getting really annoying to us and what's worse to our clients.
Please, could anyone who has had this trouble and is now rid of it post what Pro Tools version and what OS X version he is using...
Old 06-16-2009, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenders View Post
Yesterday we installed a PCI Ethernet Card and connected the D-Command to that card. And as everyday, after a while the connection was found and worked for the rest of the day. And when turning the studio on today, guess what! Little by little it's getting really annoying to us and what's worse to our clients.
Please, could anyone who has had this trouble and is now rid of it post what Pro Tools version and what OS X version he is using...
I now just how you're feeling. The feeling of having spend SO much money, and then having the thing crash in front of clients...

I have had the thing, but somehow it's gone...

I have the latest Pt (cs3) and OSX 10.5.6. My Digi supplier tells me that they have been experiencing problems with 10.5.7, so they've adviced be to stay on 10.5.6 for now.

Have you contacted your Digi supplier?

Best,
Boe
Old 06-16-2009, 02:52 PM

Not yet, I'll do that tomorrow. I'm pretty sure they won't be able to fix it offhanded, they might suggest a replacement of the d-command. But maybe they can refer to sombody at Digi who is willing help us. I contacted Digi's email support on saturday with daily updates, but they're not responding by now.
If I at least knew a workaround, like "repair disk permission and reboot" (I'll try that tomorrow again), it would help us a lot. Another reinstall with 10.5.6 will cost me a lot of time and I can't even be sure it solves the problem...
Old 09-20-2018, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by netnoggin View Post
3. I can't speak for the D-Command, but the Control 24 does not require anything but the Digidesign driver in the list of items under Network Properties on the PC. No Client for Microsoft Networks, no Internet Protocol (that's right, no IP at all), etc. You could uncheck all of those except the Digi driver just to eliminate them from the equation. Of course, this means your PC will not connect to anything else, but if it's a standalone installation and the D-Command is the only thing hooked to it, no problem. Note you don't have to delete them, just uncheck them. That way you can easily reinstate them if you desire.
Thank you kind sir...I have deselected them along with the ipv6. This did the trick for me in Win10/PT12.5.1
Attached Images
File Type: png NIC Net.PNG (20.5 KB, 0 views)
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.
Old 09-21-2018, 01:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YYR123 View Post
Thank you kind sir...I have deselected them along with the ipv6. This did the trick for me in Win10/PT12.5.1
Great News Daniel.

What happened as it stopped working? Did you make any changes in your setup or a whole new OP SYS for the PC?

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 09-23-2018, 07:13 PM

Don’t remember exactly, dang Win10 tries to update all the time.

I am still on v1709 but something may have gotten through.....

Possibly just another type of software install or something....really glad to have my icon back at 100%
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.