Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10

Old 12-30-2015, 08:35 AM

Default pro tools 10 le reinstallation

Hy. I formated my macbook pro early 2011 13" 2,3 Ghz i5 4 go ram. I was working with my protools 10 le. I can't find it anymore. 1/ I don't know if it's in the application avid from time machine backup on my external hard disk. I can't acces to that backup in time machine. I don't see anymore the icon pro tools I used to launch in the backup. And if I want to download pro tools from my account on avid.com it doesn't work anymore and says something like error you must have at least the 10.7 osx version. I already have the 10.11.2. What's the problem? Could you helpt me? Thanks
Old 12-30-2015, 08:54 AM

Default Re: pro tools 10 le reinstallation

Well you jumped before you looked.
The OSX 10.7 error mean you put the new OS on your computer that PT 10 doesn't support. The installer is reading your OSX 10.10 or 10.11 as 10.1
And for the record there is no 10 LE just 10 and 10 HD. Saying you have something that is doesn't exist can make other users question your abilities.

"Fly High Freeee click psst tic tic tic click Bird Yeah!" - dave911

Thank you,

Craig
Old 12-31-2015, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diego de Massy View Post
Hy. I formated my macbook pro early 2011 13" 2,3 Ghz i5 4 go ram. I was working with my protools 10 le. I can't find it anymore. 1/ I don't know if it's in the application avid from time machine backup on my external hard disk. I can't acces to that backup in time machine. I don't see anymore the icon pro tools I used to launch in the backup. And if I want to download pro tools from my account on avid.com it doesn't work anymore and says something like error you must have at least the 10.7 osx version. I already have the 10.11.2. What's the problem? Could you helpt me? Thanks
Assuming you have the original disks that came with your computer I would reinstall whatever OSX is on them and then find an OSX 10.8.5 installer and use that. And never ever use a Time Machine backup or Migration Assistant (sometimes also called Migration Assassin) to bring programs in.

QAPLA!
Old 12-31-2015, 12:01 PM

I even can't reinstall pro tools 8 le with my original disk. It's the same error "you need at least the 10.5.5 osx...
My only solution would be to ugrade to pro tools 11 or 12.?
Old 12-31-2015, 12:05 PM

Yeah doubt that your OS will work with your PT version. You would probably need to start thinking about updating PT if you wanna run OSX El Cap.

PT8 will never work in El Cap but PT10 might work if you do some searching here on the forum. There are workarounds for that but mostly issues.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 12-31-2015, 01:58 PM

Quote:
I even can't reinstall pro tools 8 le with my original disk. It's the same error "you need at least the 10.5.5 osx...
My only solution would be to ugrade to pro tools 11 or 12.?
I was talking about the original disks that came with your computer (you know - the ones that had the operating system on them to use as a restore item) not the original PT disks. But if you can't find those disks or you don't have them anymore your only choice is to go to PT12 as I don't think PT11 is okayed for ElCapitan.

Don't forget you're going to need all new versions of all your plugins as well and not every RTAS plugin may have an aax64 version. I would really try and find your original Apple OSX disks, reload the machine and then go in search of OSX 10.8.5 which you may be able to buy from Apple.

QAPLA!
Old 01-01-2016, 06:59 AM

In fact, your asking me to do a restauration with my external hard disk where I save my original disk osx with time machine. I use time machine to do that. Maybe will it work?
Old 01-02-2016, 05:47 AM

Quote:
In fact, your asking me to do a restauration with my external hard disk where I save my original disk osx with time machine. I use time machine to do that. Maybe will it work?
What I'm asking you to do is to ignore what you currently have and use the original disks which Apple used to provide that came with the computer and reload OSX from that. You need to get back to an OSX version that will support PT10. For that you're going to need either OSX 10.8.5 or OSX 10.9.5. You don't say what OSX version your computer came with. Do not use Time Machine to do a restore of anything other than data. Always install programs from new.

QAPLA!
Old 01-10-2016, 09:04 AM

Hy, i made it. I got back osx 10.9.5 Marverick. I reinstalled my PT 10. It works except it can't save the session anymore (error you're not the administrator -5000). I put back my pro tools files without the time machine, I just copy past them from my external hard drive. It's like it can't find the source file. Is this a problem? Can I already update to el capitain?
Old 01-10-2016, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Hy, i made it. I got back osx 10.9.5 Marverick. I reinstalled my PT 10. It works except it can't save the session anymore (error you're not the administrator -5000). I put back my pro tools files without the time machine, I just copy past them from my external hard drive. It's like it can't find the source file. Is this a problem? Can I already update to el capitain?
Not if you want to use PT10. Mavericks is the latest PT10 will run correctly on. running it on Yosemite has several issues like missing entires in the insert flyout menus and other graphics issues. Actually Mountain Lion is the last qualified OSX for PT10 although several of us have it running quite nicely on Mavericks. The issue with Mavericks is the uninstaller won't work - you have to do that manually.

As to your -5000 admin error - why not run as admin? I do.

QAPLA!