Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2015, 05:55 AM

Default Can't get dry guitar Logic Pro X

Hi, I'm having no problems with recording guitar with ER and PT 10 but with Logic Pro X and ER, although it's seeing ER as interface, and available as in PT with appropriate track inputs and outputs, I can't get a dry guitar. I only hear and can record the guitar processed through the ER amp and effects- even though the track input is "Guitar Input"-which should be dry (as in PT).

My goal with Logic is to record a dry guitar track and an Eleven Rig track simultaneously as I do in PT.

I've tried everything I can find or think of but still only getting a processed guitar from ER when Logic's open.

Infinite thanks for your time and possible reply!

James
Old 11-23-2015, 06:50 AM

Default Re: Can't get dry guitar Logic Pro X

Hi James- I'm not in front of my computer right now but try opening the app "Audio Midi" and select the Eleven rack as your interface. I believe if you click on the input button you'll see what inputs are used in Logic that correspond to the Eleven rack. Make sure you've selected the Eleven rack as your interface in Logic's pref's.

Fritz
Seagate 500GB GoFlex Pro 7200rpm Firewire 800 Ultra Portable Drive
Audient iD22 and Focusrite Pro 40 Interfaces
Focusrite Red 3 compressor
Lexicon 300
Digidesign Eleven Rack
Waves Gold Bundle • CLA Classic Compressors • Slate FG-X, VBC, VCC, VTM
Slate Trigger EX • Superior Drummer 2.0