Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack

Old 12-15-2011, 08:27 AM

Default Problem with Eleven rack, MIDI and instruments tracks..

Hello,
I've got a problem with compatibility beetween eleven rack, a pedalboard and instruments tracks in protools 10 (i've got too some problems to speak english, sorry ) :

-my eleven rack is connected on a zoom 4040 pedalboard by MIDI cable. The 11R is set on midi channel 13 and zoom 4040 too. They work perfectly together to change rigs (not to change effects in the rigs, but it's normal because the CC of the zoom 4040 can not be changed).
-the 11R is of course connected to my computer, and it works perfectly with protools 10.
-an axiom pro 49 is connected to my computer too, and hypercontrol is great !
BUT
When I make an instrument track (strike for example), when I modify something in the eleven rack window or if i use my pedalboard, it have consequence on the intrument track ! (for example lower volume, or more intensity, etc).
And if the input of the instruments track is not "ALL" but for example "hypercontrol in" and the channel of strike is set on another channel (5), the problem is not fixed !!!

Have you any solution ?

Thanks
Old 12-15-2011, 10:58 AM

Default Re: Problem with Eleven rack, MIDI and instruments tracks..

Quote:
And if the input of the instruments track is not "ALL" but for example "hypercontrol in" and the channel of strike is set on another channel (5), the problem is not fixed !!!
Make sure Zones are disabled on the Axiom and that it's set to transmit on a single channel, then set the input on any VI tracks to Axiom Pro>the channel it's set to transmit on.
Old 12-15-2011, 01:23 PM

Thank you

I've tried, but failed
and even if i disconnect the pedalboard from eleven rack and the axiom pro from the computer, there is still the problem :
when there's an instrument track with strike and when i modify some parameters on the eleven rack window (for example when i put on the modulation or the fx2 section), it changes some parameters on strike !!!
i think it's a midi problem, no ?
Old 12-15-2011, 06:25 PM

Do you need to be transmitting MIDI CC messages from your 11R? Otherwise, in the 11R MIDI settings page, you can turn off CC to stop sending out CC messages.

Just a wild guess here, but you might want to see if you can turn off MIDI Thru within ProTools as well? Remember reading something about that somwhere before.

Good luck
Old 12-15-2011, 10:52 PM

Thanks.
I ve tried this but same problem.
I have no need to send cc so i desactivated the cc and the thru on the 11r, same problem.
If i disable midi thru in protools, i can't switch on or off the effects of the eleven with the eleven rack window.
Old 12-16-2011, 01:25 AM

At the top of your Instrument track (assuming that is what you are using for Strike) There are two drop downs. the Top one probably say 'All' click that and change where it gets Midi from, you will probably change it to the Axiom USB (again assuming you are using the USB for MIDI and not a MIDI cable)

--------

Edit. Nevermind. I just skimmed your post and then responded. Then I went back and saw you already tried changing the Midi input for Strike.

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 12-17-2011, 11:44 PM

Thank you.
I've tried, but there's always this problem.
When i idisable "midi thru" in protools, my pedalboard stop controlling some strike parameters, great ! But the axiom stop controlling too strike !!!
The problem seems to come from the 11R or the 11R window themselves, because when i disconnect the pedalboard and the axiom, there is still the problem (by activating or desactivating the "mod" in the 11R window, it changes sounds in strike, which is of course not reamped in 11R!)

In the 11R guide, there is a section about 11R standalone controlled by pedalboard and a section about protools controlled by MIDI devices plugged in the 11R, but nothing on 11R controlled by pedalboard when it's plugged on protools...
As anyone had the same problem ?

When i bought the rack, i downloaded and installed the latest driver 1.0.11 (08/07/2011), but in the windows 7 control panel, the driver is from 2009, is this normal ?
Old 12-18-2011, 01:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitriw View Post
When i bought the rack, i downloaded and installed the latest driver 1.0.11 (08/07/2011), but in the windows 7 control panel, the driver is from 2009, is this normal ?
Where are you looking for that date? Device Manager or Programs and Features?

I am guessing Device Manager and you Right Clicked, chose Properties, Driver, and saw the 2009 date there. Mine says the same thing.

Programs and Features should have the date you installed the driver on listed.

You can confirm you have 1.0.11 by checking Programs and Features, look for Avid ElevenRack 1.0.11 (x64 if on 64 bit PC)

And you can also check the Eleven Rack Control Panel located in the Windows Control Panel. Open it and it will tell you what Driver you have

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 12-18-2011, 08:57 AM

What is your MIDI Thru instrument set to in Preferences>MIDI? Try changing it to 'none' or something other than what it's currently set at.
Old 12-18-2011, 09:46 AM

Thanks very much, but...

If I set "midi thru instrument" in properties to "none", the zoom 4040 doesn't control strike, but i can't control strike by the axiom keyboard.
If I switch off the "m-audio axiom pro" in "peripherals", zoom 4040 still controls strike, but i lost hypercontrol.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled AIR virtual instruments, PTIEP and PT 10, last EREXP driver and folders but nothing changes.
Does eleven rack communicates with the 11R window in protools by MIDI ?
It seems 11R "window" sends CC to 11R which tramsmit theses messages to protools and VI without possible control.
But I don't know why changing MIDI channel (on the 11R, VI or pedalboard) don't solve the problem.
And when I right click and chose another CC on the intensity parameter in strike, nothing changes.
So 11R window would send nonMIDI messages to 11R and 11R would convert thoses nonCC in CC messages and would transmit them to VI ???

I've tried to configure a "MIDI studio", but same problem.

A novation nocturn controller is also connected, with automap 3, could this be the issue ? I'll keep on searching in this direction...