Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-07-2023, 09:34 AM

Default Re: Best Midi CC Fader Controller for PT?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon_Atkinson View Post
The old-school king of the hill was the JL Cooper Fadermaster (made popular by Hans Zimmer and then all the others who have been through the Remote Control system)...
The Fadermaster Pro was there for a ridiculously short period of time and then chucked (too big even machined/cut down, it would send double messages, etc.) Only one person at RCP tried to adopt it. It was never a thing. Hans used/uses the Peavey for MIDI CC. (If you see a 4 fader Fadermaster it isn't the same thing -- it controls a Yamaha mixer on the right-side of the desk on a pull out shelf to control dia/sfx/music and is run by custom softwrae on a computer hiding behind his monitors.) No one should get the JL Cooper Fadermaster (even on the used market.)
Old 12-08-2023, 05:02 AM

Quote:
Didn't know that was possible in Soundflow!

I actually did similar in Lemur, which is really great... I just got fed up with having to watch my fingers to be sure they're on the faders (rather than just doing it by touch on a real fader)

If an iPad controller is a possibility then I can definitely recommend the power of Lemur... It's fully customisable.

It also seems way better to me than TouchOSC, which for me had too many unfixable irritations.

Lemur sounds interesting (especially if it's a one-off purchase, like TouchOSC and unlike Soundflow) but I can't find it on the iPad App Store. Does it have a longer/different name?
* Soundtoys + Valhalla + Fabfilter + Spitfire
* RME Fireface UCX II ~ Arturia Keylab Essential 49
* various clarinets, trumpets, flutes, plucky stringy thingies
Old 12-08-2023, 06:34 AM

Yeah, just looked and it appears Lemur was sold:
https://cdm.link/2023/01/lemur-lives/

And isn't actually available at the mo, as you pointed out,

Maybe TouchOSC is worth another look

I got hacked off with them, and stopped using it when they made a change to the CC1 behaviour which made it unusable (CC1 shouldn't snap back to zero on release imho)... Contacted the developer and he totally disagreed... So I got Lemur instead.

Maybe V2 of TouchOSC gives the option of either... In which case it is actually usable, as opposed to being impossible to play pretty much every VI out there.

In every other respect it was fine
Antelope Orion 32, Vienna Ensemble Pro 5,
UAD Quad PCIe
Old 12-08-2023, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Yeah, just looked and it appears Lemur was sold:
https://cdm.link/2023/01/lemur-lives/

And isn't actually available at the mo, as you pointed out,

Maybe TouchOSC is worth another look

I got hacked off with them, and stopped using it when they made a change to the CC1 behaviour which made it unusable (CC1 shouldn't snap back to zero on release imho)... Contacted the developer and he totally disagreed... So I got Lemur instead.

Maybe V2 of TouchOSC gives the option of either... In which case it is actually usable, as opposed to being impossible to play pretty much every VI out there.

In every other respect it was fine
Lemur was purchased by MIDI Kinetics but hasn’t been resurrected as yet.
https://www.midikinetics.com/

When Lemur died it really messed MK up (and me!) It’s Composer Tools Pro was reliant on it.