Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac)

Old 11-07-2019, 10:24 PM

Default DigiLink I/O, 12.6. Mojave?

Hey all...

First post in many many years, with a rock solid system for many years now. However, all things must end...

My main audio computer went down early in the week. A MBP running Sierra, PT 12.6, a Native Thunderbolt interface.

I hooked up my newer MBP which has had a stable Mojave running PT 12.6 (i know it says it's not supported, but it's been working totally solidly as my 'home' system.) Obviously it didn't connect with my Native Thunderbolt. I assume because i didn't have the DigiLink I/O. So i purchased that, reinstalled the drivers, and i still can't get it happening.

I've done a search of the DUC and tried removing the relevant files suggested, trashing preferences etc but there's no difference.

Can anyone offer any assistance? Or is there just system incompatibilities that i can't get past?

(As an aside, i've gotten through my sessions using a $100 Focusrite interface via USB which connected immediately and has been running at it's lowest buffer setting without a hiccup. Why is this Avid interface situation so complicated?)

Thanks in advance for your help.

MC
Old 11-08-2019, 12:12 AM

Default Re: DigiLink I/O, 12.6. Mojave?

Have you installed the Avid HD driver? Often it doesn't pan out straight away even if you have, but a couple of PRAM/NVRAM resets usually sorts it out. Also, I would definitely follow the OSX optimisation recommended by Avid. Stuff like sleep kicks my HDX card out of my system.
Pro Tools Ultimate 2024.3. OSX 13.6.5. Win 10. HD Native. Lynx AES16e. Lynx Aurora 16. i9-13900KF. ASRock Z690 Steel Legend. 64GB Ram. AMD Vega 64. BM Decklink. Dolby Atmos Renderer 5.2. Trinnov D-Mon. D-Command.
Old 11-08-2019, 06:42 PM

Yes... i have the current HD driver installed. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the version i have of Pro Tools. Checked that the DigiLink is on the iLok. Trashed all preferences. I'm at a loss.
Old 11-09-2019, 07:52 AM

Hey Michael

Can you specify a bit better exactly what you have in this setup!?

Computer model
Interface
Pcie/thunderbolt?
Connections to computer
Eucon Peripherals?

The more info the better and we will do our best to solve this. As you said you bought a Digilink license which was only needed for 12.6 and up and also HD driver is only for Avid Interfaces.

Try completely removing the HD driver from your system .. every file that has to do with HD driver and download the latest HD driver and see if that helps. Many members has had issues reinstalling over the older HD driver.

Please list the answers asked here aswell.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 11-09-2019, 11:30 AM

You've run into an HD Driver compatibility issue. You need the Mojave compatible HD Divers that come with the supported Pro Tools version.

That's your issue.
Pro Tools Ult 2024.3, HDX 2, MTRX/SPQ, RME BBF Pro + MADIface Pro • S1 x 2, Fire HD10 + Max11, Dock, iPad Air5 • Mac Mini 14,12, 12 core, macOS 13.6.5 • RAM 32GB, SSD 4TB, GPU 19 core • QNAP TVS-872XT 148TB TB3
Old 11-11-2019, 12:44 PM

That was what i suspected as well. I can't find a way to remove my current HD driver, and as i'm currently out of the support program and can't afford to get back into it, i can't access the correct driver.

I see Avid offer one time support plans for $75? Maybe that is a way that i can get access to the correct driver, and work out how to uninstall the current driver, unless anyone here wants to talk me through how to do that?

Thanks for your help.

BTW.. computer specs..

15" 2017 MBP. 3.1ghz i7
Mojave 10.14.6
HD Native Thunderbolt

MC
Old 11-11-2019, 12:51 PM

I will escalate this and see if they (Avid support) can hook you up without having to buy a support ticket. What HD Driver version do you need?

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 11-11-2019, 12:59 PM

Thank you. This is much appreciated.

My AvidLink updated my driver recently to 2019.10. I'm sure this is part of the problem!

Thank you again.

MC
Old 11-11-2019, 01:07 PM

And I will contribute the idiot comment: Make sure you are running Pro Tools Ultimate or HD. Pro Tools standard will never see the DigiLink... make sure Pro Tools is starting up as Ultimate, you have that license on a connected iLok, etc.
Old 11-11-2019, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
And I will contribute the idiot comment: Make sure you are running Pro Tools Ultimate or HD. Pro Tools standard will never see the DigiLink... make sure Pro Tools is starting up as Ultimate, you have that license on a connected iLok, etc.
Ha!! Not an idiotic comment at all!! I'm on HD. But it does beg the question.

Does Pro Tool Ultimate (not the HD version) see HD interfaces? I assume not but am curious...

Thanks again all for your help.

MC