Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts

Old 10-16-2017, 01:00 AM

Default Billing country and state cannot be changed because you have active subscriptions

Just Purchased Pro Tools 101: Pro Tools Fundamentals v12 ebook and when trying to activate the product I get: "Your billing address needs to be validated before you can continue. Please visit this page to update and verify your information."
I do this and then get the message "Billing country and state cannot be changed because you have active subscriptions."

This is strange, because my billing address is all correct and already filled out. Anyone know how to get past this? I've already submitted a support ticket but thought I'd try here also. Started a new role and was wanting to go through this book asap. Crazy its so difficult to download an ebook.

Thanks for any help.
Robbie
Old 10-16-2017, 12:17 PM

Default Re: Billing country and state cannot be changed because you have active subscriptions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar Mountain View Post
...I've already submitted a support ticket but thought I'd try here also...
Welcome to the community.

Sorry you are having trouble. Not really something other users or moderators can help with, and I couldn't find any accounts using your community email address, so Avid CS will need to solve this via your support case.
Old 10-17-2017, 01:10 PM

Default Re: Billing country and state cannot be changed because you have active subscriptions

Thanks for the reply Jeffro. I've updated my forum account mailto match my Avid account email. If you could still help that would be great.

I guess other forum members could help if they've been through a similar experience and could have offered a simple fix and let me know what resolved it...
Old 10-17-2017, 04:46 PM

Understood. The store team should be able to assist with the change via your support case since billing info is involved. Thanks.
Old 11-18-2017, 09:35 AM

I have the same problem, also trying to activate PT 101 ebook but when trying to do so I get this error: "Your billing address needs to be validated before you can continue. Please visit this page to update and verify your information." When I try to verify the information it says "Billing country and state cannot be changed because you have active subscriptions" But i'm in fact not trying to change country or state at all. So now i'm stuck. Please help!

Kind regards,
Ludvig
Old 11-20-2017, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klint93 View Post
I have the same problem, also trying to activate PT 101 ebook but when trying to do so I get this error: "Your billing address needs to be validated before you can continue. Please visit this page to update and verify your information." When I try to verify the information it says "Billing country and state cannot be changed because you have active subscriptions" But i'm in fact not trying to change country or state at all. So now i'm stuck. Please help!

Kind regards,
Ludvig
Welcome to the community. Have you provided your info to the store team for assistance?
Old 11-21-2017, 09:04 AM

Thanks Jeffro! Yes I have a support case with the Web store support team. But haven't got a solution yet.

Last edited by jeffro; 01-08-2018 at 07:33 PM. Reason: Resolved on 11/22.