Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-11-2015, 07:55 AM

Default Did any component combination ever work properly with PT10 or Logic X?

I realize its the combination of eucon version, DAW version, XML file and OSX version that come to play for this S3 thing to work properly.

Id like to know if anyone ever witnessed Pro Tools 10 and/or Logic X fully working with S3?

I get most of it to work but its always the left and right hand switches+clear Solo and a few more switches on the sides that do not work. Both in PT10 and in Logic X.

So i am wondering if there is any combination of the above elements that actually makes all these switches and features operational on PT 10 and on Logic X.

I dont mind giving up soft keys per Eucon 3.2.2 if it means using an earlier Eucontrol. I also dont need it to be "officially" supported by Avid. Just wanna work...

As far as Logic, i don't get it, The mere fact that it has Application switcher on board, and Kyle officially generated an XML for Logic means it supposed to work... so what's up with that..?

Can anyone share his experience and say if there is any combination of components that actually makes S3 fully operational with the DAWs i am using (PT10/Logic X)?

Thanks!
Old 04-12-2015, 10:00 AM

Default Re: Did any component combination ever work properly with PT10 or Logic X?

Not a Pro x user but I have it so could check if you want

PT 10 is unsupported with the S3 and never has been.

Avid S3
Artist Transport
Pro Tools HD 12
UAD Apollo 8P
Audient ASP 880
Mac Pro TrashCan
3.5 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5, 32GB ram
Adams A77x
UAD Quad Thunderbolt Satellite
Old 04-12-2015, 01:14 PM

Default Re: Did any component combination ever work properly with PT10 or Logic X?

Thanks!
Regardless of being officially supported or not, PT10 does work with the S3, however, the function keys on both sides do not work as are the clear solos and such.
Logic X same story. All working excepet for the function keyss on the surfaces left and right sides.

So:
A. Logic is supposed to be supported yet same exact behavior as PT10 which is not supported but IS working the an extent.

B. What im trying to figure out how to isolate what is supposed to work and what not so i can eliminate user/ installation errors from things that do not work-period.

I dont seem to be able to get clear info.
Old 04-12-2015, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumbeat View Post
Thanks!
Regardless of being officially supported or not, PT10 does work with the S3, however, the function keys on both sides do not work as are the clear solos and such.
Logic X same story. All working excepet for the function keyss on the surfaces left and right sides.

So:
A. Logic is supposed to be supported yet same exact behavior as PT10 which is not supported but IS working the an extent.

What im trying to figure out how to s what is supposed to work and what not so i can eliminate user/ installation errors friday things that do not work-period.

I do nt seem tombe abme to get clear and info. Its quite the nbelievable crom a company that wants the be considered the best in class.
Yes but there are very good reasons as to why things are supported and not supported.

What's the issue with using 11 or 12 as they work fine ? Is there somthing else keeping you tied to version 10 ?

Just to confirm you are now in Eucon 3.2.2 and double checked the firmware ?

If I get a chance tomorrow I will have a look and see what's what with the S3 and logic but I've never had a need.

Avid S3
Artist Transport
Pro Tools HD 12
UAD Apollo 8P
Audient ASP 880
Mac Pro TrashCan
3.5 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5, 32GB ram
Adams A77x
UAD Quad Thunderbolt Satellite
Old 04-12-2015, 02:45 PM

Main reason for PT10 is that i share big projects with other participants around the world and most of them never wanted to upgrade to 11. So were all conformed to 10.

Second reason, and even more important, is that i like working in Logic more then PT since producing is way better for me in Logic.
Often i am already with good sounds and half way mixed really, so do not want to port the project to PT and start mixing from scratch over there.