Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Third Party Interfaces

Old 03-31-2018, 05:44 PM

Default Re: Focusrite Clarett 8 pre issues

It ultimately came out to a firmware issue with my processor. I have thunderbolt 3 so the communication issue was from within my pc. I have since returned the unit and exchanged it for a usb3 version and it instantly worked, less than 9 min to reconfigure my system, set-up and map 5 midi instruments and set-up 4 mics. Sweetwater.com is absolutely amazing as a company. Dylan at sweetwater constantly helped me try to figure it out and even let me return the thunderbolt3 unit in exchange for the USB3 with out having to pay for shipping. The techs at focusrite were just as helpful, great company as well. All in all, lesson learned on compatibility. Just because everyone says it is, does not mean that is true. The techs at Dell swore up and down it should work, but after 2 firmware updates and several hours working with them, it just didn't work. Thank you all for all your comments and suggestions.