Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10

Old 11-29-2011, 03:29 PM

Default PT 10 "Unable to parse audio file" error

Having a strange error here:
as iZotope plugins do not work very reliable in the moment, I used the following procedure to treat some audio:

1. AS "duplicate" the audio clip
2. dragged the audioclip from the audiofiles folder into RX2 adv (v2.02.457)
3. denoised the audio
4. Hit save to write the current changes in to same audiofile ("preserve non-audiodata" checked)
5. closed ProTools and opened once again
6. recalculate waveforms for the clip
7. while putting the fades I get the error message "Unable to parse audio file"
8. edit window track area turns black
9. when zooming in and out the tracks reappear, except the track with the offending clip: this track is completely empty, without any clip and without gridlines

anybody experienced sth similar?

original audio files are mxf, session is wav.

working with PT10 and 10.6.8

btw. on some tracks (from the aaf import) the previously assigned inputs do always return after each closing an opening the session, although I did put the input assignment everytime to "none"

edit: sorry, this should have been in "PT 10 on Mac OS X"
Old 11-30-2011, 12:46 PM

Default Re: PT 10 "Unable to parse audio file" error

I'm getting the "unable to parse audio files" as well...but has come differently.

One time was recording voice over. When finishing recording the files saves as corrupt. Did it a number of times. Then totally different time when importing an aaf. Waveform looks normal but plays back with lots of static.

MacPro Woodcrest
PT 10
Blue 192 HD2
12 gigs ram
Old 04-11-2012, 11:44 AM

i'm having the same issue, it either records normally, and palys back with 90% white noise, OR when it's done recording it shows as a corrupt fild on the track. and getting the "DAE error -9400 was" doesn't complete the error message
Old 04-07-2014, 10:19 AM

Hi, I know this probably won't help some of you, but it may help someone else reading this searching the forum looking for a solution. I just came across this same issue this morning, only I couldn't even open my session because of this problem.

In my case I was able to find the audio file in the Audio Files folder, and I just deleted it, and that fixed the issue. Of course, that means the audio file will be missing from the session now. Before deleting it, I was able to figure out by listening to a couple audio files before and after the offending one and realized it was just a small punched-in file that I can easily just redo, so for me it wasn't a huge deal.

Obviously this is not the most optimal solution, and in some cases not an option at all, but it may be the lesser of evils in some cases.

FYI, the crazy thing is that I'm pretty sure this happened specifically as a result of backing up my drive. (Carbon Copy Cloner, which has been working fine for me for the last several years.)

This was a brand-new session that I just started yesterday, and there was a problem with ejecting the drive after the b/up was finished. I ended up having to force-eject it. That's probably what did it in my case.

Just my 2 cents.
Shane
1 G-Drive Pro 4 TB
2 G-Drive 6 TB
ProTools 2021.3.1
Melodyne 5
Soundtoys Bundle 5.3.2
Omnisphere 2.6.2
Massey L2007
Superior Drummer 2.3.2
Komplete 13 Ultimate