Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Digidesign Hardware & Software
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-25-1998, 11:06 AM

Default Re: MLCD 2.1 Released

Since most people have bought ProTools in order to have their music heard better by the outside world, it would make sense that an astute organization like DIGI could spend more resources on a module like MLCD, to aid DIGI customers with getting their finished product OUT of ProTools in an easier and more high-tech fashion. It should not take so long for updates to occur and in fact, we should see incremental updates supporting new hardware long before we read about the new hardware in Computer Shopper or elsewhere, isn't that what Strategic alliances and Development Partnerships are all about? I dare say 70% of the users really using ProTools would welcome a easier-to-use, more robust MLCD, than the newest whiz-bang record-scratch inserter. It would be clever to have MLCD simply appear as a plug-in, but I'm sure you are already working on this too. Just a thought.
Old 08-25-1998, 06:21 PM

You might want to try Bias's Peak. Not only does it support Direct Burning but also TDM.
Old 08-26-1998, 08:33 AM

What About NuBus systems?

Will theis Run with NuBus hardWare?
Old 09-27-1998, 04:44 PM

I have a couple of questions, first when will I receive the 2.1 upgrade? and two I just had to burn a cd with MLCD they wanted the songs quite tight to each other I bounced them and after I imported and created a track id for each song in the pq window when you played it, it sounded ok where they were sitting, but after burning the cd you could here the ending of the previous song but that did not happen when hearing back on MLCD. What am I doing wrong?
Old 09-28-1998, 01:01 AM

Multi session an E32 errors??? If masterlist can't do it right what can? How do people actually make Enhanced CDs properly? How do duplication plants do it? Where do they get there masters from?

Why can't Masterlist do it? Is it because all of the CD Burners you tried did not turn their lasers off?? If CD Duplicators can work around this problem, why you work with their work-around and at least give the option of burning that way?

You understand how work-arounds go. Give us the option of doing multi-sessions and let the duplicators do a work around. Put a nice little disclaimer there saying that there is likely to be a problem, and viola! All of a sudden digi users can make enhanced CDs.

We all *should* know that the CD-RW format does not support audio discs. But even so, isn't it lovely that Toast lets you burn them? You all use Toast right? It comes up with a lovely warning message saying that this audio CD won't be read by any CD player. At least you have the choice.

Freedom of operation I say. I want to be able to make mistakes. Please don't restrict your products to make them idiot proof. There are always times when you need to do something out of the ordinary to be extraordinary. Don't stunt my career. Please.

Matt