Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 07-27-2010, 04:13 AM

Default What's the most common PT problems and their solutions?

I was thinking it could be useful with a sort of FAQ thread with common questions and answers regarding issues encountered with Pro Tools (that is; no "how do I..." questions, only "why does..." ).

These can be most commonly encountered DAE errors, playback issues, file issues, reasons for instability and such.

Please, someone, get the ball rolling?

(as opposed to make music :/ )
Old 07-27-2010, 06:18 AM

Default Re: What's the most common PT problems and their solutions?

Quote:
These can be most commonly encountered DAE errors, playback issues, file issues, reasons for instability and such.
Doesn't the comprehensive general troubleshooting thread cover most issues?
Old 07-27-2010, 03:52 PM

Sorry, it might actually fill exactly that function. I didn't see the more specific topics in there before.

Mods, please kill this thread dead.

(as opposed to make music :/ )
Old 07-28-2010, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonesH View Post
I was thinking it could be useful with a sort of FAQ thread with common questions and answers regarding issues encountered with Pro Tools (that is; no "how do I..." questions, only "why does..." ).

Please, someone, get the ball rolling?
Most common issue: User Error.
Solution: RTFM
Eleven Rack, Axiom 61
Old 07-28-2010, 06:14 AM

"how come my songs sound like doodie, and are not as loud as nickelback songs i hurd on da radio?"

because you are not a recording or mixing engineer....
Old 07-29-2010, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by therecordinghouse View Post
"how come my songs sound like doodie, and are not as loud as nickelback songs i hurd on da radio?"

because you are not a recording or mixing engineer....
And you don't have a producer behind you with no concept of dynamics... just LOUD!!
Old 09-10-2011, 09:48 PM

Angry Re: What's the most common PT problems and their solutions?

Hi All

I am an unfortunate PT 9 user. this is first time I am using this software and anything from AVID (and it would be last time as well.)

first of all it objected to interface UA-4FX .... it is under-discussion with AVID support. it did not launch at all.

then I borrowed ZOOM R8 from a friend and now it is opening at last after struggle of 7 days /nights....... reading 100's of pages from internet.....

Now it is not showing any plug-in creative collection isntruments .... I added a track and then in the mix window , tried to find XPAND 2 or boom or anything else ,,,, but nothing is there ..... In the program folders there is a folder called pro tools creative collection and all .big files are present but not working for me.
and now I am reading blogs and joining forums again..... this is What they call "Industry standard software".

I dnt know what industry is thinking about it now.......

but it is a sure fail. it is not at all user friendly , even a freeware like AUDACITY is far easier to learn and stable than Pro Tools ,,,,, they use very beautiful and tempting description to entice you and that is it......I wish I can get rid of it in some way coz I am still unable to even use it after about 7-8 days struggle.

Any help will be highly appreciated.
Old 09-10-2011, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAMEOFRULE View Post
Hi All

I am an unfortunate PT 9 user. this is first time I am using this software and anything from AVID (and it would be last time as well.)

first of all it objected to interface UA-4FX .... it is under-discussion with AVID support. it did not launch at all.

then I borrowed ZOOM R8 from a friend and now it is opening at last after struggle of 7 days /nights....... reading 100's of pages from internet.....

Now it is not showing any plug-in creative collection isntruments .... I added a track and then in the mix window , tried to find XPAND 2 or boom or anything else ,,,, but nothing is there ..... In the program folders there is a folder called pro tools creative collection and all .big files are present but not working for me.
and now I am reading blogs and joining forums again..... this is What they call "Industry standard software".

I dnt know what industry is thinking about it now.......

but it is a sure fail. it is not at all user friendly , even a freeware like AUDACITY is far easier to learn and stable than Pro Tools ,,,,, they use very beautiful and tempting description to entice you and that is it......I wish I can get rid of it in some way coz I am still unable to even use it after about 7-8 days struggle.

Any help will be highly appreciated.
Start a new thread for your problems. Piling onto an existing thread is going to end up in a confusing mess.

Read the link at the top of this page "Help us Help You - READ THIS Before Posting!" and provide as much information about your system and details of exact problems and exactly what you have tried so far to solve them.

To start with you can ignore external interfaces, instantiate Pro Tools just the Mac built-in output (hold down "n" at the Pro Tools splash screen and choose the built-in output as the playback engine).

Read the general troubleshooting guide (old but a good) at http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=240754. See also http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=287927. When you create a new thread here say exactly what steps/suggestions from these that you have completed.

When the plugins were greyed out and you tried to navigate to the .big files explain exactly what you did and what happened.

Please don't post back here. Start a new thread.

Darryl