Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > ICON & C|24
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-14-2017, 05:48 PM

Default Any 48ch D-Control users/owners?

Howdy,

I'm adding another 16 channels to my 32 channel D-Control. I was wondering if there are any 48ch owners here that could possibly take a couple of pics of the underside of the console and front so I can show a metal worker what's involved.

I have a 16 ch D-Control coming with its frame and was thinking I might be able to use that frame to support the new fader module via appropriate cutting shunting with the 32ch frame.

Thanks,
Stef.
Old 02-17-2017, 11:37 AM

Default Re: Any 48ch D-Control users/owners?

I did the same a few years ago. I wasnt able to find the extender supports. I ended up making a small side car that mimicked the console height. the one fader pack is not that heavy so the side car was pretty easy to build out of wood. like a little argosy table. It looked really nice actually. same height so fit perfectly.

I looked at making the metal support bars and the top one is doable. But it is the back bottom main support that are not easily made of retrofitted.

I just sold the console so I don't have it anymore. otherwise I would send some pics. The side car was basically just 2x4 framing that the fader pack sat on top of. with legs and supports. was very easy to make. It won't be exact height so use shims under the support braces. Then screw into bottom of console existing holes. Mine was off a few mm in front and back. The supports just need to be next to the mounting holes under console then use bracket drilled into frame and then the screws into console bottom.

You just take the side panel off the main console. Snug the side car next to it. Then put the side panel on the end of the fader pack on side car.

I also got some metal dowels that fit in between the fader packs. From home Depot. I cut them from a metal rod. Just see what diameter the existing ones are. I just used a hack saw. And metal file to smooth it out.

Full DIY but it worked

Last edited by arche3; 02-17-2017 at 11:54 AM.