Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-24-2017, 10:39 PM

Default Every problem I can imagine...

I am trying to get an artist mix to work a core i7 intel mac running El Capitan. The most current versions of the Eucon software fail to install, and the versions that do cannot see my artist mix. I have done all of the steps to set up a static IP, and everything else suggested in these forums. I've been trying to get this working for days, and am having a very hard time not throwing this controller out of my window. I spent $1000 dollars on this thing, and it looks like Avid wants to charge $65 for a tech support call.

Is there any way to get an artist series control working without losing years of your life? Is there any affordable control surface that actually works well?

Any help would be appreciated.
Old 03-25-2017, 05:54 PM
Avid

Default Re: Every problem I can imagine...

Hopefully I can help. Please uninstall whatever version you have on now and then follow these instructions.Clean EUCON then install v3.5

Depending on your network setup:
If using a router then set the Artist Mix to DHCP and the network port on the Mac to DHCP too. In EuControl make sure the right network is selected.

For a test if you still can't connect, plug a cable direct from the Mac to the Artist with nothing in between.

Remember whenever changing network settings/config power cycle everything each time.
Old 04-03-2017, 11:49 PM

I'm trying to go straight into the computer via ethernet. I've reverted back to an older system that it works with, but would like to be able to use this with any system I'm working with (preferably without hours of troubleshooting).

I've tried using DHCP, as well as setting up a static IP. I will try using the link you sent. Hopefully it does the trick.

Thanks very much.
Old 04-04-2017, 12:57 AM

I once had a compatibility issue with Artist series caused by my Wifi card so if you have a Wifi card, you might want to try temporarily disabling it in order to rule that out.

Once I'd solved that, Artist series was rock solid for me.

EDIT: Sorry, just noticed you're running a Mac so my post is probably not relevant.