Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-22-2017, 06:45 AM

Default Re: Set up Hardware I/O without Pro-Tools

Keep us posted and let us know if we can help with anything else.

Mixing and Mastering click here to get started.
Old 03-22-2017, 02:07 PM

So, spent 2 and a half hours on the phone with avid as they were given remote access to my desktop and came out completely stumped.

They even tried things like issuing me a temporary Digital IO license, and a temporary subscription to Pro Tools 12.7.1 just to test if it were something there.

Pro-Tools will recognize that the HD Native is plugged in but still doesn't see the burl interface. Not to mention, the HD Native Thunderbolt interface also still appears hidden within system settings and the audio midi.

We agreed that maybe reverting back to mavericks on a fresh system HD and installing from there may work. Perhaps there is fragmented registry files and/or missing kexts, or what not- that got lost or rearranged during this or that from the past.

That or the burl BMB1 has bad digilink ports-- But still seems unlikely, due to the fact that OS X won't even recognize the HD Native TB in the system audio settings.
There is some registry files that missing and as a result the system is not able to communicate with the hardware and software-- is my theory

If the reformat doesn't work then we know its for sure the Burl's digiports.
Old 03-22-2017, 02:12 PM

And back to the Burl- if there is an issue with it, the more likely theory is that perhaps the firmware needs a factory reset--- Which there is no documentation of anywhere, waiting to hear back from Burl on that one..