Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 01-20-2009, 07:03 PM
Banned

Default Pre-roll doesn't work but post-roll does :confused:

I have tried all things to get pre-roll working. Using Dynamic toolbar and as far as I can see everything is set up. (using PT8.0cs1)
I highlight a selection and the pre and post flags are showing in the toolbar. Press PLAY and it starts from my selected area not the pre-roll, but it finishes at the post roll - I'm doin' my head in any suggestions please?
Old 01-20-2009, 07:55 PM

Default Re: Pre-roll doesn't work but post-roll does :confused:

Turn dynamic transport off, you don't need that for pre/post roll. The flags should be yellow if they are enabled. A white flag (in PT8) indicates a disabled roll. You can enable them by alt+clicking in the timeline or the pre/post-roll buttons in the transport window. cntrl+K does a global enable/disable for all 'rolls'.

I hope that helps.

-Justin
Old 01-21-2009, 12:25 AM
Banned

Thanks Justin.

I was doing everything right but Dynamic Toolbar was ON, turning it off did indeed allow post roll.

However, I am still confused as to why can't I have it in Dynamic Toolbar (which I like) and have Pre-roll? Doesn't make sense.
Old 01-24-2009, 07:45 AM

So is this a bug? I too like Dynamic Transport - a lot actually. During a tracking session Dynamic Transport makes my workflow much faster when punching in multiple regions. I.E. An artist has changed something in the chorus and wants to re-sing each one. Set up the first, punch in with preroll and then slide to the next and go. Very nice. No preroll, very frustrated artist. At least now that I can use preroll with Dynamic Transport turned off. I'm only frustrating myself and not my artist.
Thanks for the tip Justin.
Old 06-06-2009, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWalkerPostAudio View Post
Turn dynamic transport off, you don't need that for pre/post roll. The flags should be yellow if they are enabled. A white flag (in PT8) indicates a disabled roll. You can enable them by alt+clicking in the timeline or the pre/post-roll buttons in the transport window. cntrl+K does a global enable/disable for all 'rolls'.

I hope that helps.

-Justin
JWalkerPostAudio, thanks so much for this tidbit. I thought I was losing my mellon tonight...couldn't figure this out to save my life until reading your post. Peace, --Roy
Old 06-06-2009, 11:26 PM

Dynamic transport does seem to add confusion at first.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com