Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-24-2010, 11:15 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools 8 Keyboard Shortcuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by priorytools View Post
Try this . . it's handy

http://www.qwikn.com/

--------------------------------------------------

Why do people keep running over a string a dozen times with their vacuum cleaner, then reach down, pick it up, examine it, then put it down to give the vacuum one more chance?
Old 07-02-2010, 04:55 AM

Hey Guys,

I'm very new to Pro Tools although I have been on these forums for a while. I only use PT on a part time basis and have recently done an official PT curriculum course and would like to sit the exam.

Upon recommendation I purchased a PT keyboard with all the shortcuts on it to get a grip of all the shortcuts quicker, but to be quite frank, I don't get it. It is colour coded etc, but there are shortcuts for Command + Key, Alt/option + Key, some are even multiple function keys + key but on the keyboard it doesn't actually show which key combinations go together. Why have the different colours if they aren't matched to an operator/function key. For example all the pink keys are the command + pink key shortcuts??

Sorry, probably to most stupid question ever. Because if there isn't a simple rule I'm getting a refund on this keyboard, it isn't worth the AUD$200 I paid for it.

Cheers

Willo
Old 07-04-2010, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willosy View Post
Hey Guys,

I'm very new to Pro Tools although I have been on these forums for a while. I only use PT on a part time basis and have recently done an official PT curriculum course and would like to sit the exam.

Upon recommendation I purchased a PT keyboard with all the shortcuts on it to get a grip of all the shortcuts quicker, but to be quite frank, I don't get it. It is colour coded etc, but there are shortcuts for Command + Key, Alt/option + Key, some are even multiple function keys + key but on the keyboard it doesn't actually show which key combinations go together. Why have the different colours if they aren't matched to an operator/function key. For example all the pink keys are the command + pink key shortcuts??

Sorry, probably to most stupid question ever. Because if there isn't a simple rule I'm getting a refund on this keyboard, it isn't worth the AUD$200 I paid for it.

Cheers

Willo
The colours regard the different colours of the CMD, ALT and CTRL keys. All the pink will be say CMD (or which ever one it is) etc