Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS

Old 12-13-2022, 01:53 PM

Default macOS Monterey 12.6.2 Update today

This update provides important security fixes and is recommended for all users.

For information on the security content of Apple software updates, please visit this website: https://support.apple.com/kb/HT201222

Looks like another Security update which was coming along with an update to Ventura 13.1 as well I think.
Composer/Sound Designer/Protools 2024.3 Ultimate, MTRXII-TB3, DADMAN MOM, Cisco SG350-10MP EthernetHUB, KLANG:quelle 4 Channel Dante™Headphone Amp, DVS,MADI, Mac Studio Ultra,128 RAM/4TB SSD, Ventura 13.6.6, DP 11.3.1, Logic Pro X 10.8.1 DOLBY ATMOS Facility/MPSE Motion Picture Sound Editors Avid Certified Professional ProTools/Dolby ATMOS
Old 12-14-2022, 01:58 AM

Default Re: macOS Monterey 12.6.2 Update today

This update went onto my machine by accident last night. I thought I was updating to 12.6.1, but everything still works so far with Pro Tools 2022.7.
Old 12-15-2022, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thin ice View Post
This update went onto my machine by accident last night. I thought I was updating to 12.6.1, but everything still works so far with Pro Tools 2022.7.
Just finished this Theatrical mix and some sound design. So, I'm DONE for the year as far as crucial work, so will update it tomorrow.

G
Composer/Sound Designer/Protools 2024.3 Ultimate, MTRXII-TB3, DADMAN MOM, Cisco SG350-10MP EthernetHUB, KLANG:quelle 4 Channel Dante™Headphone Amp, DVS,MADI, Mac Studio Ultra,128 RAM/4TB SSD, Ventura 13.6.6, DP 11.3.1, Logic Pro X 10.8.1 DOLBY ATMOS Facility/MPSE Motion Picture Sound Editors Avid Certified Professional ProTools/Dolby ATMOS
Old 12-17-2022, 07:41 PM

hi Gives! I delivered mid week too. I got the next job already but delivery in Jan, so I went for it. I thought I was going for 12.6.1- was surprised to see 12.6.2

Seems ok ( well the Avid Video engine is still crap ) . I updated to 2022.10 as well...
Old 12-18-2022, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fork-media View Post
hi Gives! I delivered mid week too. I got the next job already but delivery in Jan, so I went for it. I thought I was going for 12.6.1- was surprised to see 12.6.2

Seems ok ( well the Avid Video engine is still crap ) . I updated to 2022.10 as well...

Hey There-:)

I was hit on my mountain bike by a car that ran a stop sign Oct 1st and had surgery for my hip Nov 10th. Needless to say I had a bit of a slow down. Dong fine now and back to normal, so was not really needing to update anything, but this one project came in a month early of course..LOL. So I am just getting to this update. I did it Saturday and it seems solid. I am running it on. a new Mac Studio and also 2022.10, which has been solid as was 2022.9

G
Old 12-18-2022, 12:52 PM

crikey that sounds like it would slow you down,.. I fractured my ankle on a bike in the jungles of Hong Kong. that was my fault tho ( tooo fast down a stream bed ankle hit a rock ) . that was 10 years ago, and is mostly better now after surgery!

I'm running a 2018 i7 , and considering it near time to update the machine.

Not sure if thats the source of my AVE woes ( get errors often playback stops. out of sync )

I just tried again yesterday, but no go. had to put video sync 5 ( non lethal applications ) and run video on a 'satellite'
Old 12-18-2022, 08:11 PM

Quote:
crikey that sounds like it would slow you down,.. I fractured my ankle on a bike in the jungles of Hong Kong. that was my fault tho ( tooo fast down a stream bed ankle hit a rock ) . that was 10 years ago, and is mostly better now after surgery!

I'm running a 2018 i7 , and considering it near time to update the machine.

Not sure if thats the source of my AVE woes ( get errors often playback stops. out of sync )

I just tried again yesterday, but no go. had to put video sync 5 ( non lethal applications ) and run video on a 'satellite'
I have had no issues with recovery, but in great shape. BTW the AVE issues I have with AVE were this silly thing that would come up in the session, when I played a select reigon in the timeline. UNLESS I put it in pos-roll it would show some sort of error. I am not able to look now, but for some reason I can remember what the actual message was, but that totally fixes it.

Nothing else with sync, but my setup here is super solid. I updated my Mac recently. BEST thing I have done, but had the same system for 9 years, so it was time. You can see my specs in signature.

G
Old 12-19-2022, 12:39 AM

thats good to hear! wished I had jumped on the Ultra earlier. But been too busy , if I buy one now it will ship with Ventura....

hmm - I pretty much have pre and post roll set on permanently..

I was hoping it was the enable GPU in the operations page of prefs. but still no.

could be my T-Tap not being supported. but seems to work ok with VS5.

Are you back riding? . I had a couple of hours on the bike today. keeps me sane and in shape.
Old 12-19-2022, 08:14 AM

Quote:
thats good to hear! wished I had jumped on the Ultra earlier. But been too busy , if I buy one now it will ship with Ventura....

hmm - I pretty much have pre and post roll set on permanently..

I was hoping it was the enable GPU in the operations page of prefs. but still no.

could be my T-Tap not being supported. but seems to work ok with VS5.

Are you back riding? . I had a couple of hours on the bike today. keeps me sane and in shape.
Ventura approval is coming and I have several pals who do a lot of work and they are not have really any trouble with Ventura. This is the original DUC thread about this. Some people are having GUI issues. But the most important problem seems to apply only to HD hardware. The driver won't run.
https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?...hlight=ventura

BTW my friend dumped VS5, which I never thought I'd hear after he got his new Mac Studio Ultra. He said he does not need it now with all the power he has and with Native coming now, it will be even better.
My only reason or concern is with DADMAN software updates which need to be updated more quickly along with my Dante Madi stuff here in my DOLBY ATMOS Room here, which is super crucial.

G
Old 12-19-2022, 09:37 PM

thats interesting - suppose it could be a running out CPU power?

I just solved my slow mac issue tho. was a VST plugin I was using inside the RX editor.. luckily just closing the plug in sorts it, I do heaps and heaps of dialog editing for VOD stuff as well as foley

tempted to put it off for a bit, altho have to say its been a fantastic year with the shear volume of projects I've done...