Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-19-2024, 11:44 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools won't load (no splash screen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleyN View Post
I went through all of the steps included here, and Pro Tools still does not launch. Has anyone found why this issue occurs?
What exact steps above? This thread is a mess. If you checked your problem is not caused by the waves shortcut, then start at "help us help you" up the top of every DUC web page and look at the standard troubleshooting steps. Here especially try trashing prefs (follow the exact instructions) and running Pro Tools from a newly created admin account. If that does not help you, create a new thread here for you problem. Go to the Windows forum area and click on the [NEW THREAD] button up the top of the thread list.

Provide the expected info about your system including a Sisoft Sandra report in that new thread and explain everything you have tried, in detail (take notes as you try stuff if needed).

Looking at the Pro Tools log, or knowing if one is created (it may not be) might help, (include the log content with your post). It may also be useful to check the Windows event log. Start your own thread and post that info there, Or I'll help you find it then.
Old 02-19-2024, 12:01 PM

Quote:
You seem to be confused Darryl. OP has said that he launched straight from the executable on a fresh install with no Waves software installed (they uninstalled them), you're making assumptions about the issue with no definite conclusion. I have followed the steps included in this thread and also installed Pro Tools on a fresh windows account with no Waves software (I uninstalled them) and am facing the exact same issue as OP.
The OP has the multiple exact symptoms of this known problem, including the "Waves Offloader" message described in his very first post. Not any other thing will cause what the OP described. The waves caused problem can be very pernicious and can recorrupt a system with new app installs. Good discussion on the happened outside of DUC since it affects multiple DAWs, I gave one starter link. I do not know how the OP reinstalled Windows. But I can guarantee the problem as described was this know waves problem.

There are many other reasons that Pro Tools may not start, none of them related in any way to this know waves shortcut mess.

So do you have anything relevant to the OPs problem about waves corrupted shortcuts? Do you see "Waves Offloader"? As already described in the thread the simple test is to find the actual Pro Tools executable (not the corrupted shortcut) and try to run that. If that does not work you have a separate problem. If so the work through standard troubleshooting. Start a new thread. Post the expected info about your system there.

Last edited by Darryl Ramm; 02-19-2024 at 12:17 PM.
Old 03-20-2024, 07:41 AM

Quote:
You seem to be confused Darryl. OP has said that he launched straight from the executable on a fresh install with no Waves software installed (they uninstalled them), you're making assumptions about the issue with no definite conclusion. I have followed the steps included in this thread and also installed Pro Tools on a fresh windows account with no Waves software (I uninstalled them) and am facing the exact same issue as OP.
Ok, so I understand it like this:
It is really a specific, well known issue of the waves installer, that causes a crash in PT which even still occurs after a complete new os installation with just PT on it...

For my concerning, I could solve the error, which was similar as described by all other "off-topic" answerer and put it in a new thread:
https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?...57#post2697157
Old 03-22-2024, 03:11 PM

I would love to hear how this was resolved. I'm having a similar problem. :-(
Old 03-22-2024, 03:17 PM

Oops, ignore that. I didn't realize there had been further responses.