Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-01-2016, 10:33 PM

Default 550$ CDN for used Pro Tools 12.4

A friend of mine is selling is Pro Tools 12.4 at 550$ CDN the problem is the Support Ran out so it`s like 400$ CDN to restart Support and on the other Side a Brand New Pro Tools 12 with 1 year full support is like 800$ CDN.

I`m a Cubase user new to Protools so for me the 400$ for support is crazy and from what I saw on this site if you don`t have a paid support plan you are ... out of luck and will not get anything from AVID I also left a MSG at AVID sales to get some more info but I didn't get any reply so far

I understand the 129$ / years to get support and update or the 399$ to go from a old version like 9 or 10 even 11 to current version but 12.4 ... mmmm that`s harsh

Is there a cheaper way to get back on a support plan or should I just go with 12.4 and wait a couple of years for Pro Tools 13 or 14 or just get the full version and let my friend hang with a software that he paid good money for
or finally just stay with Cubase 8 and forget everything