How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2017, 07:22 AM

Default PluginUpdate: Many Instances of Old '__Pace_Eden' Versions

Hi all,

I'm liking the functionality of PluginUpdate, but one thing's confusing me with it:

When I run a scan, it's showing multiple versions of '__Pace_Eden', all with different version numbers. From what I can tell, that's the iLok License Manager, but I've already updated it to the v3.1.7.899 it's listing against them all; not sure why it's saying my installed version is 2.43151727115 and ~30 others!

Is there something I should be doing to clear out all these old versions, or anything I can do to stop them showing up in the app?

I'm on PluginUpdate v1.0.3 and only scanning the one, standard folder: /Library/Application Support/Avid/Audio/Plug-Ins

Thanks for any input!
Old 09-14-2017, 07:30 AM

Default Re: PluginUpdate: Many Instances of Old '__Pace_Eden' Versions

Here's a screenshot of what I'm seeing:

And, as you can see, my iLok manager is up to date:

Old 09-14-2017, 08:29 AM

If I had to guess what is happening is PluginUpdate is searching through the aaxplugin folder contents and finding the version of PACE EDEN tools that the developer of each plugin used when they built their plugin. It has no relevance to the version of iLok license manager actually installed on your system. All AAX plugins must be built with PACE EDEN tools regardless of whether they use iLok or not.
Old 09-14-2017, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsvalmont View Post
If I had to guess what is happening is PluginUpdate is searching through the aaxplugin folder contents and finding the version of PACE EDEN tools that the developer of each plugin used when they built their plugin. It has no relevance to the version of iLok license manager actually installed on your system. All AAX plugins must be built with PACE EDEN tools regardless of whether they use iLok or not.

Interesting! Thanks for the insight. I hadn't considered that explanation. Explains how it was finding that stuff at all when there's no actual iLok/Pace AAX file itself in the folder.

Frustrating that it clutters PluginUpdate quite so much, but I know it was never fully completed software, and I would assume everyone faces the same issue.

So long as it's not something I've done wrong, that is the main thing.
Old 09-19-2017, 08:47 AM

It's ironic but if you do a fresh install of latest pt with just stock air and avid plugins and run plugin update, you'll find they mostly all come up as out of date !

And off the top of my head it's the air ones that display the message you are seeing