How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 9
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2014, 11:04 AM

Default Pro Tools session file converted itself to an older version

This is amazing. Just amazing.

I'm on PC and using Windows 8. I had been having problems with using PT 10.3.9 with my Mackie 820i analog mixer. After a few takes, the recorded wav files would glitch and distort during playback. (Just the recently recorded takes. Not the whole session) I didn't have any problem with this when recording with my Axe-FX 2 but I can't use that when recording acoustic instruments. So I went with the Mackie. And since it was only the Mackie I was having issues with I figured it might be a driver issue. I head to their website and get the most recent driver and it really screwed the pooch. I installed it and my computer would randomly lock up when using PT. So I uninstalled that and reinstalled the older drivers I had. And the most amazing thing happened. The PT session file converted itself magically to AN OLDER VERSION. I tried to open it and it said it couldn't cause the session was recorded with an older version of PT. WHAT THE F!? And now I can't get into it and I feel like I just lost like 16 man hours of work! Does anyone have a solution for this so I don't have to re-record the whole thing?
Old 10-18-2014, 02:04 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools session file converted itself to an older version

My bad. this shoulda been posted in PT 10 forums. sorry.