Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10

Old 02-07-2017, 03:35 PM

Default pro tools 10 crashing.

So,

i have two HDD drives on my CPU. MAC HD & STORAGE DRIVE

i have basic mac stuff on our MAC HD
i have sound design libraries on my STORAGE drive as well as templates for PT sessions.

now, last night my storage drive said it was unreadable. GREAT, then this morning i booted the CPU and had a circle with a slash in it. Super GREAT

NOW!!! heres the crazy thing, i have an exact back up CPU with same hardware software.

i swapped the CPUs and booted it up. protools ran fine. i had a session and then mid day after the session, i opened a an existing session from an external drive we were using on the first CPU, and now protools quits unexpectedly after the loading spalsh page disappears.... CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!

thanks everyone!
Old 02-08-2017, 04:39 AM

Default Re: pro tools 10 crashing.

Hi and welcome to the forums.

First of all I would suggest you read this post here:

http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=300050

You haven't really given us enough info for anyone to help you. That thread also gives you plenty of basic troubleshooting steps to try first.

A CPU is the chip on your motherboard that does all the processing within your computer. I'm assuming you didn't actually swap out your CPU and what you actually mean is you have 2 macs. So a start would be to tell us:

a) Exactly what your working mac is - click on the apple, about this mac and more info to find out (e.g. mine here is a Mac Pro mid 2010 2x3.06 6-core intel Xeon, 32GB RAM)
b) What version of OSX are you running?
c) What exact version of Pro Tools are you running? (e.g. mind is Pro Tools HD 10.3.10)
d) What audio interface or AVID hardware are you using?
e) What plugins do you have installed?
f) What troubleshooting steps you have tried already.