Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools | Intro Discussion

Old 07-15-2020, 06:53 AM

Default Re: The Maximum Amount of Projects has been reached

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jnoeltorres View Post
I am having the same issue, account email is [email protected]
Have you tried logging out, then back in to re-sync your account?
If that doesn't work, let me know and I'll escalate.

System Details
Old 07-15-2020, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by junkgear View Post
Have you tried logging out, then back in to re-sync your account?
If that doesn't work, let me know and I'll escalate.

Yes I've logged in and out multiple times, and still keep getting the same error message. I've been troubleshooting this issue for a couple of weeks now but haven't had any luck. Thank you.
Old 07-16-2020, 02:42 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jnoeltorres View Post
Yes I've logged in and out multiple times, and still keep getting the same error message. I've been troubleshooting this issue for a couple of weeks now but haven't had any luck. Thank you.
Hi,

We've just checked and we can't see any Pro Tools First under your account. I can only see a Pro Tools Subscription, which allows you to create sessions instead of projects. You can register for pro tools first at my.avid.com/protoolsfirstactivation to generate a cloud storage. Let me know if you have further questions and we'll be here to help!
Thank you,
Tope
Old 04-28-2021, 10:05 PM

Hello, I am having this issue. Please reset my storage... it's at 0% and I have no projects saved onto my computer yet I am getting a message that says the max amount of projects has been reached. The email is [email protected] for my avid. I sent in a support case and they closed it within an hour and told me to come here. Please help. Thank you.
Old 05-02-2021, 09:07 AM

Hi, I am having this issue. I have a full license for pro tools and have been working on multiple projects for the last half a year. When I try to open those projects now I am first getting a message which reads
"The session is saved on a volume set to "transfer" only.
If permitted, set the volume(s) in question to "P" (Playback) or "R" (Record) in the Workspace.

Other wise choose OK to save a copy of this session and its media to a valid playback volume. The session copy will automatically open from the chosen location."

I then continue to click OK, I am given to option to save a copy but am greeted with the message

"The maximum number of projects has been reached for this account. Existing projects can be deleted from the projects tab in the Dashboard".

In an attempt to troubleshoot myself I have checked my licenses which are on an Ilok and they are up to date, and have installed the most recent version of protools.
Old 05-02-2021, 09:39 AM

PT|first does not care about full license. If you have it installed, it is three cloud based projects and unlimited local projects.

If on the other hand you have problem with this limit using your standard software, contact Avid Support to sort it out. Your account may have had some kind of First limitation from your First use, but standard software should have unlimited projects.
Old 05-06-2021, 03:29 AM

Default Projects won't open, message claims can only have 3 projects...

Hi
I had a band in my studio on Sunday to work on some projects we have been working on together for the past couple of months. Now for some reason, I cannot get into any of my existing projects.

"This session is saved on a volume set to "Transfer" only. If permitted, set the volume(s) in question to "P" (Playback) or "R" (Record) in the workspace" is the first message that appears.
If I click OK I get the option to save the media at a different play back volume, but when I attempt to do that I am given the second message which reads "The maximum number of projects has been reached for this account. Existing projects can be deleted from the projects tab in the dashboard." I have a full license and have checked my Ilok and software to make sure it is active. I also downloaded the most recent version of pro tools (2021.3.1) because I was told it might be a pro tools first issue?

After attempting to sort the problem out myself I attempted to get in touch with a paid for phone call but was told no-one was available and I was told that someone would be in touch in 5 days. I have another session booked for this weekend and I still having the same problems and no-one has responded yet. What is my best course of action? Very frustrated as I have lost a days wages and am likely to lose more if this doesn't get fixed soon.
Old 07-15-2021, 11:50 PM

Hi,
I have Pro Tools First and my project list is empty, but on my "Create" Dashboard shows 3/3 and it does not all me to start a new project.
Please help, I don't know what to do anymore. My account email is [email protected]
Old 07-19-2021, 09:20 AM

Hi,
Do I need to buy a Avid Support Code in order to fix this problem and if I do, the which one? and what is the cost?
I have received this answer from Avid:
"Your case number 04206844: " Bug: Maximum number of projects has been reached. " is now closed. If this issue has not been resolved to your satisfaction, please reference this number when contacting Customer Care."
I am just trying to learn this Pro Tools First and I have no projects in my box but my dashboard shows 3/3
Please help, i have no idea what I have to do.

Technical staff Please can you reset my account
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Pro Tools problem - picture 01.jpg (77.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Pro Tools problem - picture 02.jpg (38.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Pro Tools problem - picture 03.jpg (47.2 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by KORO; 07-19-2021 at 12:30 PM.