Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App

Old 08-30-2016, 10:45 AM

Default Workstations disappear after Eucon 3.4.1 update

After updating to Eucon 3.4.1 workstations are no longer available...
Restarting S3/Eucon app and computers made no difference.
Any ideas Avid?
Old 08-30-2016, 11:34 AM
Avid

Default Re: Workstations disappear after Eucon 3.4.1 update

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmkeane View Post
After updating to Eucon 3.4.1 workstations are no longer available...
Restarting S3/Eucon app and computers made no difference.
Any ideas Avid?
What OS version?

Try uninstalling EuControl from Applications>Euphonix folder. Then reinstall 3.4.1.
Berkeley, CA
Old 08-30-2016, 12:06 PM

Tried uninstalling then reinstalling... same problem.
Old 08-30-2016, 12:24 PM
Avid

How is S3 connected to Mac?
What is Network Interface set to in System Prefs>EUCON? Is "Enable as External Workstation" checked?
Berkeley, CA
Old 08-30-2016, 01:25 PM

S3 is connected to a network switch. No communication issues with S3 currently or in the past. "Enable external workstations" is checked. All workstations were visible until update. Workstations have also been updated with Eucon 3.4.1
Firmware has also been updated.

Surfaces are visible but not workstations. System prefs/Eucon prefs "Enable External Workstations" is checked.

Last edited by jmkeane; 08-30-2016 at 01:33 PM. Reason: Additional information
Old 08-30-2016, 02:42 PM
Avid

Quote:
S3 is connected to a network switch. No communication issues with S3 currently or in the past. "Enable external workstations" is checked. All workstations were visible until update. Workstations have also been updated with Eucon 3.4.1
Firmware has also been updated.

Surfaces are visible but not workstations. System prefs/Eucon prefs "Enable External Workstations" is checked.
Ok, "Enable as External Workstation" might be the problem. That should not be checked unless you have two workstations that you are switching between. For example, a Mac and PC which are both connected to S3 via a switch.

So, uncheck that box and EUCON apps will be forced to restart. You must also manually relaunch Pro Tools/DAW. Try that and see if it helps.

If that doesn't, please try connecting S3 directly to Mac (bypassing the switch). Check System Prefs>Network and ensure that the network interface you are connected to is set to "Using DHCP", IP address is 169.254..., and little circle is orange. Restart EUCON Apps via 'E' menu and see if there is a change.
Berkeley, CA
Old 08-30-2016, 05:54 PM

That's what I'm trying to do. Switch between 2 computers and redirect mouse and keyboard. Which I was able to do in previous version.
Eucon is connected to my "main" HDX computer but no other workstations/computers appear in the list.
Old 08-30-2016, 06:45 PM
Avid

Quote:
That's what I'm trying to do. Switch between 2 computers and redirect mouse and keyboard. Which I was able to do in previous version.
Eucon is connected to my "main" HDX computer but no other workstations/computers appear in the list.
Ahhh, ok. I need to clarify some things because details are getting lost.
  • What software and version is installed on Main Mac? EuControl only or also Workstation software?
  • What software and version is installed on Secondary Computer? EuControl, Workstation or both?
  • In System Prefs>EUCON, what is the Network Interface set to on both Main Mac and Secondary Computer? These need to be set to network port that is physically connected to your switch that is connected to S3.
Berkeley, CA
Old 08-31-2016, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle Splittgerber View Post
Ahhh, ok. I need to clarify some things because details are getting lost.
  • What software and version is installed on Main Mac? EuControl only or also Workstation software?
  • What software and version is installed on Secondary Computer? EuControl, Workstation or both?
  • In System Prefs>EUCON, what is the Network Interface set to on both Main Mac and Secondary Computer? These need to be set to network port that is physically connected to your switch that is connected to S3.
1>3.4.1 EuControl and workstation (tried it without Workstation software installed and it made no difference)

2>3.4.1 EuControl and Workstation.

3>Ethernet 1 (S3 is communicating fine on main HDX computer)

FYI, on the secondary workstation computer, any time I click on eucon software settings tabs i.e softkeys, or general and then go back to workstation tab, "Enable external workstations" becomes unchecked...

Main HDX computer is still not showing up in the secondary computer workstation list.

Last edited by jmkeane; 08-31-2016 at 08:41 AM. Reason: Formatting
Old 08-31-2016, 10:35 AM
Avid

Quote:
1>3.4.1 EuControl and workstation (tried it without Workstation software installed and it made no difference)

2>3.4.1 EuControl and Workstation.

3>Ethernet 1 (S3 is communicating fine on main HDX computer)

FYI, on the secondary workstation computer, any time I click on eucon software settings tabs i.e softkeys, or general and then go back to workstation tab, "Enable external workstations" becomes unchecked...

Main HDX computer is still not showing up in the secondary computer workstation list.
Ok, thanks. Hopefully, I have this correct now...

EuControl + S3 is working fine on HDX computer. But, HDX computer is not seeing secondary computer in Workstation tab. And, secondary computer is not seeing HDX computer.

You said Ethernet 1 is the selected Network Interface. So, that is for both computers and Ethernet cables from switch are definitely connected to "Ethernet 1" ports of both computers, correct?

You shouldn't run installers both EuControl and Workstation software. So try this:

1. Uninstall EuControl and Workstation from both computers and verify that Applications>Euphonix is empty
2. Delete the following from Mac HD/Users/yourusername/Library/Preferences from both computers:
com.euphonix.eucon.plist
com.euphonix.EuConSystem.plist
com.Euphonix.EuControl.plist
Euphonix (folder)

And, delete the following from Mac HD/Library/Preferences on both computers:
com.euphonix.install.EuControl.plist
com.euphonix.install.EuConWorkstation.plist (may not exist)

3. From Finder on both computers, click "Go" and type in: /usr/local/lib. Then, click Go button. If there are files in here, delete them.
4. Restart both computers
5. Reinstall EuControl 3.4.1 on HDX computer and Workstation 3.4.1 on secondary computer
6. In System Prefs>EUCON on both computers, ensure that Ethernet 1 is seeing valid network connection to the switch.
7. In System Prefs>EUCON on both computers, ensure that Ethernet 1 is selected. Again, this must be the port used for connecting to the switch connected to S3.
8. Still in EUCON prefs, check "Enable as External Workstation" for both computers. This will force EUCON apps to restart.
9. Restart both computers and wait until both are fully booted up.
10. On HDX computer, look in EuControl Settings>Workstations to see if both computers are available.
Berkeley, CA