Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2018
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-24-2019, 12:48 AM

Default Re: The o'l CPU overload/increase H/W Buffer Size (error AAE-6101)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sardi View Post
At some point, they made it so that when you launch PT, it creates the factory plugins if you have removed or deleted them.

I don’t know when they implemented this, but it caught me off guard too. Maybe v2018... maybe v12. I don’t recall this being the case in v11.

I’ve been getting some CPU errors that have become repeatable, so I’m trying to figure out if it’s a rogue plugin and was perplexed when I noticed the reinstallation of the stock plugins.

IMHO - it’s not a good thing. There’s probably only a handful of stock plugins I use. If I don’t want the rest there, that should be my choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It is all your choice now bro.... especially where that particular plug is concerned and any of the others.... I have been deleting it right after PT loads and as long as it was deleted I had no probs but a pain to have to do every start up.
2.2GHz 6 core 8 gen Intel Core i7 processor (TB’s to 4.1GHz)
32 Gb of 2400MHz DDR4, 1T SSD, Magic Mouse and Keyboard
Pro Tools 2022.7 -23.# - HEAT applied, RME Fireface UCX II
........and a bowl of M&M's
———————————————————————————
Old 01-24-2019, 01:36 AM

Default The o'l CPU overload/increase H/W Buffer Size (error AAE-6101)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrekcor View Post
It is all your choice now bro.... especially where that particular plug is concerned and any of the others.... I have been deleting it right after PT loads and as long as it was deleted I had no probs but a pain to have to do every start up.

No offence, but what you were doing was not a solution for me. There’s no way in the world I would be doing that after every launch of Pro Tools.

Removing files from the .pkg file is a decent workaround if it works and doesn’t alter anything. It’s always a bit scary doing that. Who know what checks they’ve put in place.

Old 01-24-2019, 01:42 AM

Forgive the potentially stupid question...

What do you guys use for a click track now you've removed it??

Mac Mini 8,1 (2018) | 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel i7 | 64GB Ram | Apple 27" LED Cinema | 2TB System Drive | LaCie Rugged USB-C 2TB SSD NVMe Audio Drive | UAD-2 Quad Satellite (Firewire)

macOS Catalina 10.15.7 | Pro Tools Ultimate 2021.7 | Avid HDX TB3 Chassis | HDX | Avid Omni | Avid 16x16 HD I/O x2 | Digidesign 192 | Digidesign C24
Old 01-24-2019, 02:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the.engineer View Post

Good questions, you could do your own click track by importing a click sound copy it for a measure and than duplicate that measure for the length you need it.
Old 01-24-2019, 02:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emi View Post
Good questions, you could do your own click track by importing a click sound copy it for a measure and than duplicate that measure for the length you need it.
I would sure miss being able to press 7 on the keypad to turn it off!!

Mac Mini 8,1 (2018) | 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel i7 | 64GB Ram | Apple 27" LED Cinema | 2TB System Drive | LaCie Rugged USB-C 2TB SSD NVMe Audio Drive | UAD-2 Quad Satellite (Firewire)

macOS Catalina 10.15.7 | Pro Tools Ultimate 2021.7 | Avid HDX TB3 Chassis | HDX | Avid Omni | Avid 16x16 HD I/O x2 | Digidesign 192 | Digidesign C24
Old 01-24-2019, 02:05 AM

Create some intrument track (Structure for example), In the transporter double click on the metronome icon, in the output box select Structure and enter the corresponding notes for accented and unaccented, velocity and duration, for greater convenience save as a Track Preset
Pro Tools 2024.3
Old 01-24-2019, 04:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sardi View Post
No offence, but what you were doing was not a solution for me. There’s no way in the world I would be doing that after every launch of Pro Tools.

Removing files from the .pkg file is a decent workaround if it works and doesn’t alter anything. It’s always a bit scary doing that. Who know what checks they’ve put in place.

Who meantioned removing files from the .pkg? As I mentioned previous I was killing the click plug from the plug-in folder after every start.... and by doing so allowed me to work error free.

As for what was described by ferrerh all your doing is removing a file the .pkg looks at when PT loads. I would say there is a lil macro that runs checks the plug-in folder against the list core plugs it has in it contents package folder named “core plug-ins” and throws a copy in if one is missing. All you are deleting in there is a copy of the click plug itself..... “Clickll.aaxplugin” the very same file you kill in the plugs folder.... it’s cool if you’re uncool with that.... all good mate.

Actually I’m willing to bet you could place any plug in that core plug folder and it will then be a core PT plug on your system.
Old 01-24-2019, 04:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the.engineer View Post

Yeah like ferrerh said create an instrument/midi loop.... and you can use real drum sounds, save as a preset.... and they’ll stretch or shrink with what ever tempo where an audio won’t without sounding crappy.
Old 01-24-2019, 05:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrekcor View Post
Who meantioned removing files from the .pkg? As I mentioned previous I was killing the click plug from the plug-in folder after every start.... and by doing so allowed me to work error free.

As for what was described by ferrerh all your doing is removing a file the .pkg looks at when PT loads. I would say there is a lil macro that runs checks the plug-in folder against the list core plugs it has in it contents package folder named “core plug-ins” and throws a copy in if one is missing. All you are deleting in there is a copy of the click plug itself..... “Clickll.aaxplugin” the very same file you kill in the plugs folder.... it’s cool if you’re uncool with that.... all good mate.

Actually I’m willing to bet you could place any plug in that core plug folder and it will then be a core PT plug on your system.

I didn’t state you said it. I was merely commenting on the solution you responded to.

I’ve done package modifications before for many years, but not being a coder, I still stand by that we don’t know exactly what may or may not be happening. I’m sure it will be fine, but it’s still a risk.

Old 01-24-2019, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrerh View Post
Create some intrument track (Structure for example), In the transporter double click on the metronome icon, in the output box select Structure and enter the corresponding notes for accented and unaccented, velocity and duration, for greater convenience save as a Track Preset

You are a GENIUS