Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-17-2004, 09:40 AM

Default Re: The Definitive PT 6.4 Bug List

you might check whether you have system commands for things like Expose on. this may affect commands in Pro Tools???
Old 07-17-2004, 10:14 AM

There also a half speed recording bug, which won't allow you to use the "wait for midi note" function. I also wonder why you can't do a separate region command when you're in volume graph mode. You can use alot of the other key commands that relate to editing waveforms, like trim, etc. but separate region is a no-go. And I still would love to see drag and drop from finder. I don't think that anyone could disagree that finder is much faster than project manager if you know what you're looking for. Even on my G5. Sorry about the wish list stuff. The DUC is strangely devoid of a current wish list thread....odd. Maybe Waves is behind this....
Old 07-17-2004, 11:31 PM

There is the fade bug. When using trimmer, it changes the fade. Also annoying.
Heres the main thread: Fades Bug

Keep em coming!

MT
•••DON'T BELIEVE THE HYPE•••
•Use & Trust ř Cancellation!•
Old 07-18-2004, 01:21 PM

Has anyone come across the disappearing region or a random region slide while working w/ a waves plug-in??

Too make it more baffling is that I use "dual" monitors and while working w/ a waves plug (I always work with plugins on the mix screen.....habit) I notice on the edit screen either a region slides in the direction of the slider or it just simply disappears. Only w/ Waves does this happen!!

HD2 (non accel), G4-733mhz, 1.2 ram, PT 6.4
Old 07-18-2004, 01:26 PM

Which version of the Waves PlugIn..? V4 or V5? I have heard from several people that the Waves V5 Waveshell is BUGGY!!
I am going to wait for an update..
Composer/Sound Designer/Protools 2024.3 Ultimate, MTRXII-TB3, DADMAN MOM, Cisco SG350-10MP EthernetHUB, KLANG:quelle 4 Channel Dante™Headphone Amp, DVS,MADI, Mac Studio Ultra,128 RAM/4TB SSD, Ventura 13.6.6, DP 11.3.1, Logic Pro X 10.8.1 DOLBY ATMOS Facility/MPSE Motion Picture Sound Editors Avid Certified Professional ProTools/Dolby ATMOS
Old 07-18-2004, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Hello,

I usually start a new post when I find a bug or erradic behavior in Protools. But there are sooo many of them lately that it seems like like Im posting something new everyday. And then Im always going into a rant because I find them at the worst possible times and it drives me crazy. Maybe we can all post things we are finding, and maybe some of them will be user error or someone could offer a fix or workaround.

I think this should also include OSX issues as well cuz a few of the things Im finding I think are PT/OSX interactions. Also, if a topic has been discussed already, a simple synopsis of the behavior and a link to the main post would suffice i think. Finally, it would be great for people to reply that that have seen similar behavior or have not to weed out system specific bugs. Lets try to stick to PT 6.3.2 and higher as well. So anyway, I'll start:

--Option-K (toggle auto-input/all-input) is very unstable. Sometimes I hit it 3 or 4 times in a row while record enabled and nothing changes. I have even looked at the menu command and anything having to do with monitoring is grayed out. Some mousing around usually brings it back up. And now Im also used to ALWAYS having to hold OPTION and hit K twice in a row for it to take affect, i.e. switch from auto-input to all-input.

Random grayed-out edit functions like copy and paste for no rhyme or reason. Some mousing or clicking around usually brings the edit commands back to life.

Noise spike/click at the end of recorded regions. This one has me baffled. Why PT would add a click 60samples before the end of the region perplexes me. The main post is here

Arrow keys bug which is here

I have many more, but figure Ill start slow and see if there is interest in this thread and if it grows.
thanks
MT

I am avoiding hot keys all together!

G
Composer/Sound Designer/Protools 2024.3 Ultimate, MTRXII-TB3, DADMAN MOM, Cisco SG350-10MP EthernetHUB, KLANG:quelle 4 Channel Dante™Headphone Amp, DVS,MADI, Mac Studio Ultra,128 RAM/4TB SSD, Ventura 13.6.6, DP 11.3.1, Logic Pro X 10.8.1 DOLBY ATMOS Facility/MPSE Motion Picture Sound Editors Avid Certified Professional ProTools/Dolby ATMOS
Old 07-18-2004, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Which version of the Waves PlugIn..? V4 or V5? I have heard from several people that the Waves V5 Waveshell is BUGGY!!
I am going to wait for an update..
I am using 4.0_9!!
Old 07-19-2004, 07:51 AM

I've been able to reproduce a crash with audiosuite > gain> preview.

if I process it's o.k.

preview> crash
Old 07-20-2004, 11:01 AM

I've been having most of the bugs mentioned here. Hopefully they will be fixed soon.

A bug that's really annoying to me is when importing .wav files into an aif. session, I have to turn off "Auto Region Fade In/Out Length", or I get digital distortion at heads and tales of the .wav audio files, as well as when I start playing in the middle of them. The strange thing is that the digital distortion usually is the length of the auto fade in milleseconds.
Old 07-20-2004, 02:12 PM

When hitting cmnd+opt+/ to write auotmation to all enabled parameters, the edit window sometimes (usually) jumps to the beginning of the session. The selection remains so i can get back to the region i was at, but this is big annoyance on a long project.

www.tompaul.com