Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Third Party Interfaces
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2015, 02:36 PM

Default Re: Focusrite Scarlett Interfaces - New MixControl and Driver Betas July 2014

From the DUC it got the impression that, although Focusrite is apparently still battling driver issues with PT on PCs, their stuff works OK on Macs. Are you saying that it really doesn't there either?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Table Syrup Records View Post
I have a buddy with a Saffire Pro 40 that would love to see this resolved as well.
It is INSANELY annoying to say the least.
Subscribing to follow results, and hoping this is addressed with the Saffires as well

I am bailing on my HD Native rig in one room, in favor of Waves Hardware (And integrating in another)....
The Waves hardware switches between rates in PT without any issues.

Seems to point to the Focusrite drivers.
Old 08-28-2015, 04:20 PM

Default Re: Focusrite Scarlett Interfaces - New MixControl and Driver Betas July 2014

I finally found a solution to the Focusrite issues!

Picked up my Steinberg UR44 30 minutes ago!
Old 08-28-2015, 08:26 PM

Integral guitar effects - includes Cubase AI too! Bye-bye Focusrite and PT?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotGav View Post
I finally found a solution to the Focusrite issues!

Picked up my Steinberg UR44 30 minutes ago!
Old 11-11-2015, 08:54 AM

Default Re: UPDATE: Focusrite Scarlett Interfaces - New MixControl and Driver Betas July 2014

Last week I upgraded to Pro Tools 12.3. What I discovered this morning is that if I need to change the sample rate going from session A to session B, then all I need to do is close down Pro Tools, open MixControl, change the sample rate to whatever the new session will be (44.1k or 48k), then reopen Pro Tools, open the new session.

If you forget what sample rate you need and open a session with a different sample rate than the the MixControl is set at, you no longer have to reboot and all crap like before. Just close the session, and rinse and repeat the above procedure. I did exactly that this morning and it worked fine.

No longer have to use the work-around switching to a dummy session and going to the ASIO4ALL and all that rot.

Not sure what changed in PT 12.3, but that's the current state. It may also work this way for ANY version of PT 12...I don't recall that I tried opening any sessions in a different sample rate since I upgraded to 12 a month or so ago, but for SURE it works this way with 12.3 I have NOT changed or updated ANY of the Focusrite software since I upgraded to Pro Tools 12. Just thought I'd pass this along for anyone still having this issue.

Much better!