Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-17-2012, 05:46 AM

Default AAX Audiosuite - any new creative tools?

I'm using this post as an appeal to developers to consider the audiosuite option when they are developing FX. EG great that NI have gone AAX on Reaktor but as yet no Audiosuite option for Reaktor FX or whatever (how awesome that would be).

Audiosuiting with Pluggo was a great creative way of mangling sounds, and I can't believe I've been without it since (i think )PT8 and still nobody has got into this side of the market.

So anybody seen anything and exciting in AAX for audiosuite land?

(and where was that post I saw with Avid claiming it was only another line of code to make AAX audiosuite, i need to email a few Dev's that..!)
Old 08-22-2012, 03:07 PM

Default Re: AAX Audiosuite - any new creative tools?

In the AAX world, you can add audiosuite functionality for an AAX Native plug-in with one line of code, that is correct. There are some plug-ins that might not want to do this for whatever reason, but I'd guess that most standard processing plug-ins should work just fine with that feature turned on.

That said, Audiosuite is a much fuller featured spec, so you can do things with audiosuite that you can't do with realtime plug-ins. Reverse for example. :) Audiosuite has access to the whole file if it chooses, so you can do exceptionally long look-aheads and stuff like that. Definitely still a role for Audiosuite.

Dave
Old 08-22-2012, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTremblay View Post
In the AAX world, you can add audiosuite functionality for an AAX Native plug-in with one line of code, that is correct. There are some plug-ins that might not want to do this for whatever reason, but I'd guess that most standard processing plug-ins should work just fine with that feature turned on.

That said, Audiosuite is a much fuller featured spec, so you can do things with audiosuite that you can't do with realtime plug-ins. Reverse for example. :) Audiosuite has access to the whole file if it chooses, so you can do exceptionally long look-aheads and stuff like that. Definitely still a role for Audiosuite.

Dave
If only the handles would get fixed

Wave-T.com
Old 08-23-2012, 12:02 AM

Oh yes, Audiosuite is powerful, I use it every day! People just don't talk about it much, because it's so simple. I'm hoping audiosuite functionality will grow even more powerful in future Pro Tools versions, e.g. the ability to undo or redo/edit a certain audiosuite process applied to the audio file in the past. Or at least a function to restore the original audio, as long as the process wasn't "overwrite".