Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2014, 10:18 AM

Default Re: Yosemite came out today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by huzzam View Post
Just curious: if you click the green plus "maximize" button, does PT go full screen? that would make me everso happy.
Nope. Classic behaviour of maximizing the window or reverting back to it's previous (smaller) state.

Drew is right, full screen support will require some coding. How will they handle multiple windows on multiple screens (hopefully as one space)?

E.

2022 Mac Studio Max 64GB / 1TB, macOSX 13.6.6, 2019 i9 MacBook Pro (15,3), macOSX 14.4.1, PT Ulti 2024.3.0, DAR 5.1, MDA Creator1.5, Rx10 Advanced, Ozone 10 Advanced, Kontakt 7, Soundminer v6.1Pro, Spanner 4, PaulXStretch,
EuControl 2023.11.0, Avid Control 2023.11.0, Avid S1, iPad Pros 12.9" gen 3 & gen 4, Apollo 8 Duo, UAD-2 Satellite Quad, Glyph 2TB tb3 NVMe SSD, x2 Glyph 2TB SSDs, x1 Glyph 4TB SSD, OWC tb3 Dock, OWC Thunderbay 8 62TB
Old 10-17-2014, 12:01 PM

Is anyone having problems with Waves? I get a "synchronization error" when logging in to Waves with the WLC app. I had moved my plugins back to the cloud before doing the update to OS 10.10, and now can't get them back.

Already sent an email to Waves support.
Old 10-17-2014, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Seaberg View Post
Is anyone having problems with Waves?
Yes. Same problem. I have a 'test' partition with a fresh install of Yosemite and PT 11. I cannot authorize my Waves plugins. I found this article:

http://goo.gl/cXUOLF

I keep checking the site for an update, but nothing yet.

Michael
Old 10-17-2014, 12:54 PM

Default Yosemite came out today.

On another note I just got an email that said the metric halo Bundle and drivers for all products are Yosemite ready.

Day one ground zero updates for software!!!
oh my God I don't believe it - the bar is set
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.
Old 10-17-2014, 01:00 PM

I received this from Waves:

Quote:
We are currently working to test/qualify all Waves software to be compatible with this OS 10.10 Yosemite.
We ask for your patience while we complete our QA process.
We will announce official support for "Yosemite" when we've had enough time to perform all our tests and make the necessary changes.

Stay tuned to our newsletter and website where we will announce support for Mac OS 10.10 "Yosemite" when it's available.
Let me know if you need more information or assistance.

As a temporary solution, you may install WLC on a supported system and activate your licenses on a USB flash drive.
Have this Flash drive connected while working with Waves.
Old 10-17-2014, 02:02 PM

Let me just say that I installed Yosemite today and worked several hours successfully without any issues
with my Mac Mini i7 Quad, Mac OS Yosemite and Pro Tools 11.2.1.

The main session I worked on was packed with tons of plugins from Waves, MCDSP, Softube, HOFA, IK
T-Racks to Blue Cat Audio, etc. and every plugin did work properly.
For the first time (yeah, really!) I decided to install Yosemite over my existing Mavericks 10.9.5
(not doing a fresh clean install as usual) containing all the latest (Mavericks) drivers for all those plugins
and it all kept on working properly with Yosemite too.
The latest version of Pro Tools (11.2.1) as well as all the (latest Mavericks versions of) Waves plugins, MCDSP
and all the others incl. NI Kontakt 5, IK Amplitube 3 and Recabinet 3.

Of course there´s no guarantee it will work on every system this way but I thought I could post my personal
positive experience.
Have to say I have my Waves licenses on a USB drive, so I fortunately had not to use WLC.
The Waves plugins themselves however do work well with Yosemite here.

Btw maybe I will do a new clean install of Yosemite and all other stuff in a few months when all manufacturers
will have released their specific Yosemite drivers for all the applications+plugins.

However before I installed Yosemite over my existing Mavericks system I backed up this system with the latest version
(for Yosemite and Mavericks) of Carbon Copy Cloner 4 which also was released today.
This one has a brand new design which is very cool, very simple and it works really great and super fast.
Highly recommended IMO!
https://bombich.com

Good luck everybody!

Mac Mini i7Quad, 16GB Ram, MBP Mid 2012 2,5GHz i5, 16GB Ram, MacOS 10.10 Yosemite, Apogee Quartet+Duet 2, Genelec Active, Yamaha NS10,
Pro Tools 11.2.1, Logic 10.0.7, Waves, MCDSP, Duende Native, Softube, HOFA, IK Multimedia, NI etc.
Old 10-17-2014, 02:08 PM

Hi just running Yosemite on spare MacBook Pro with HD 11.2.1.
Seems Core Audio for iTunes, web (You Tube) etc is not working yet. Anyone else out there found this too?
Old 10-17-2014, 03:17 PM

I just upgraded to 10.10 last night on a Hackintosh. Believe it or not its all running flawless. Weird that automap did not detect my Novation Nocturn until i unplugged it and plugged it back in. But all is working Pro tools 10.3.9 / 11.2.1 just tested both with plugins. gl
Old 10-17-2014, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchel View Post
Hi just running Yosemite on spare MacBook Pro with HD 11.2.1.
Seems Core Audio for iTunes, web (You Tube) etc is not working yet. Anyone else out there found this too?
I've been using Yosemite betas for a few months no audio problems at all. Actually a few audio issues with Youtube and even iTunes TV shows had problems with the last several versions of Mavericks, never a problem with Yosemite.
Old 10-18-2014, 02:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk View Post
I just upgraded to 10.10 last night on a Hackintosh. Believe it or not its all running flawless. Weird that automap did not detect my Novation Nocturn until i unplugged it and plugged it back in. But all is working Pro tools 10.3.9 / 11.2.1 just tested both with plugins. gl
I also upgraded yesterday, fresh install and tried ProTools 10 first thing and all i'm getting is "An. incompatible version of the OS was found. Pro Tools 10.3.9 requires Mac OS X version 10.7 or higher."

I do have two separate HDDs, one with Mountain Lion and the other is for everyday use but I keep ProTools on it. I don't care about the bugs, it's just for when I want to do minor stuff and don't want to restart just to use ProTools for 4 minutes.