Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)

Old 01-15-2009, 05:56 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools 8 freezes at "Dae Loaded" screen

Hi again I've tried trashing my internet browser caches however it didn't help.

And I have deleted the files and folders theteach told me but that didn't help as well.

I will try to format my windows and then will start all over again.

I will tell you the result.

Thanks again theteach and DigiTechSupt.
Old 02-03-2009, 04:36 AM

Hi again, it seems to be there are some kind of general problems going on with Vista because I tried to install Pro Tools on one of my friend's newly bought laptop even with a built in firewire input and the setup did not even install itself I mean it froze while installation of the Pro Tools.

So, what I'll do is I am going for a Mac because I've already tested it on my friend's Macbook Pro and I am considering to buy a new iMac soon. Actually I've heard that the new models of iMac is coming soon, so I am waiting for now...
Old 02-20-2009, 05:20 PM

Hi, I bought an iMac and it seems like better than windows in any way... Highly recommend it.
Old 06-07-2009, 09:34 AM

Using a USB extension cable will apparently also cause this malfunction.
Old 06-08-2009, 10:16 AM

And nobody is running I.E.8?

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 10-22-2009, 08:32 AM

I'm faced with this same problem..and same interface. ProFire 610. It gets to the loading DAE screen and then my screen goes all black or gray and it freezes. I originalyl thought I was part of the ever increasing list of the AMD CPU incompatibilty group, but if you're an Intel user and having the same problems....it must be related to something else. I would assume anyways.

Has anyone discovered the problem yet for why PT freezes on DAE load??
Old 10-22-2009, 09:47 AM

Common Culprits / Troubleshoots:
64 Bit OS
Right click and 'Run as admin' on PT Icon.
Disable DEP and UAC, and limiting startup services:http://www.digidesign.com/index.cfm?...1&itemid=28469
Install latest M-Audio Driver from their site, specific to your OS.

Firewire Buss issue, IE Incompatible Firewire Chipset in computer. Digi list their tested cards on support section.
Try updating your builtin Firewire controller in Device Manager, to Standard OCHI Controller if its Agere or something other than Texas Instruments.

Try holding the letter 'n' down while launching, if you got it, you'll see the Playback Engine Window, and toggle the hardware buffer Size down and RTAS or HOST Processors to 1. Sometimes you have to restart and try it a few times to work, but it'll let you get into Pro Tools in some situations where it hangs on 'DAE Loaded'.

Old 10-22-2009, 11:08 AM

Thanks Premo....I've heard some of those suggestions which I've written down and will try when I get home from work...but others are new to me. And at this point i'm willing to try anything and everything. Thanks again....lets see what happens!
Old 10-22-2009, 01:13 PM

No problem, hopefully something works out.

And mentioned earlier - pulling all plug-ins and removing IE8 is good.

I generally just cut and paste the plug-ins folder to desktop temporarily when trying to sort PT application issues out.

I have a USB Mbox2 and my PT app would load, but my 003 wouldnt on the Core2Duo Laptop, so thats how I knew the App was OK and it was a Firewire issue. So I ended up getting the Siig 2 Port Expresscard and it launched fine for me in my situation. But theres a few ways to get that hang.

Also I edited my last post, remembering that it was the RTAS PRocessors setting toggled down that Ive seen work on my friends Asus Notebook

Last edited by Premo; 10-22-2009 at 01:13 PM. Reason: typo
Old 10-23-2009, 10:34 AM

Unfortunately, after trying all suggested remedies...I am still faced with this problem. I posted my thoughts on the thread i created but I will reiterate here....I had a similar freezing error when trying to record through my profire 610 on Adobe Audition 3. So I am presumably faced with an incompatiblity with my firewire port and my profire 610....???? Not necessarily pro tools.

Thats where I'm at in my thinking process anyways.....now I just need to find out what the hell to do if thats the problem. Anyone have recommendations for firewire cards that they use?