Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 11-19-2004, 03:31 AM

Default Re: 6.7 won\'t recognize my iLok

This is what my day was like:

7:00pm - 2:16am: Archiving and Backing up sessions.
2:16am - 5:21am: Complete system Reinstall

Now I have an all day session tomorrow, I'm wondering if I should install cs1 first thing tomorrow...

Man That was a cluster&$%@, I'm just glad I had the time to nab it before I went back to work. Sorta...

Now i am at 10.3.5 with 6.7. on a power mac G4, single processor 1.25, 512 ram. I think I'm good. Any Comments?
just to toot my own horn, I am in the process of relocating to Los Angeles and lookign for a job, so if anybody knows someone who can help me get established as an audio engineer and producer, check out my creds at http://www.kenyruyter.com and call me 310-909-9115

myspace page
http://www.kenyruyter.com
Old 11-19-2004, 10:30 AM

hitp, when you say "lost all ilok plugins" do you mean it was erased from your ilok? or justl like me ilok.com recognized it but protools didn't recognize the ilok.. I have been tempted installed the new pace drivers as recommended by a digi rep in another thread but I have been tempted to erase the pace file in my library and reinstall.. but I don't know what info that file has...
Old 11-19-2004, 04:30 PM
Development Partner

Hello,

We recently found a problem with our extensions software that could result in a failure to detect an iLok on some Mac OS X systems. This problem has been resolved in an updated release.

If you are seeing issues with iLok use under Mac OS X, please download and run our latest extensions installer located here:

http://broadband.paceap.com/paceap/macextsx.dmg

If you still see iLok related problems after installing the latest extensions, please contact PACE Support at support@paceap.com.

Best regards,
--
Chris Hoiberg
QA Engineer
PACE Anti-Piracy QA/Support Services
www.paceap.com
Old 11-19-2004, 04:41 PM

Soooo, tell me about Zero Down Time again.
Define 'zero'.
Old 11-19-2004, 06:24 PM

Etherize . . . we just merely re-installed the Pace Extensions and everything worked again. The error was just like yours . . . when we moved to a different room the iLok worked as well as showed no problems when we sync'ed it at iLok.com.

Looks like Pace answered our question in the previous post. We have 8 rooms and this happened only in one room so go figure what we did wrong in that room.

Hope you get you system running . . . I know the frustration of running without plugins.

Cheers
www.hitproductions.net
Old 11-19-2004, 08:53 PM

Ok the Update:

After reinstalling to 10.3.5 all my plug-in registrations were lost
but now I had permission to get tech support:
the digi tech basically told me it was a very isolated case with literally 3 other people that he knew about and he had no suggestions other then completely erasing my hard drive and reinstalling everything from scratch...... now although the guy was very nice... I am upset at the guy I spoke to yesterday that said he had answers but to get them I had to go back to 10.3.5 which erased all my plug-in authorizations for my other music software.. and he really had no answers.. he just should said that!

Now the good news... the pace update listed above fixed the problem! I still am not getting my sony eq hd that I think came with my massive pack but basically most of my others authorized through the ilok. God damn if I just knew about this yesterday!!! I also just got an email from ilok.com saying because I Synchronized,my ilok between November 17th, 4:00 PM and November 18th, 10:30 AM PST" that that may have caused the error.. in anycase the pace update fixed it...

Now back to the bad news... since I lost all my software authorizations I think I may just erase the drive and install everything from scratch anyways...haven't decided yet...

thanks for all the help and whoever has the problem just do the pace upgrade...

now back to my personal hell that is my life
Old 11-19-2004, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Soooo, tell me about Zero Down Time again.
Define 'zero'.
To clarify my post:
I just felt it is ironic that a good iLok can and does experience down time.
I had no idea about this upgrade and would not have known except that I visit the DUC...well every day.

etherize, I'm glad you have some good news. I hope you have a good weekend and get some recovery over this.