Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > MIDI
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-26-2015, 09:36 AM

Default Problem Setting Midi Plug ins

Please help. I don't know if I am making an obvious mistake somewhere or if there is an actual problem with my plug in...

Situation: I wrote a piece of music in Sibelius and imported the midi tracks into pro tools so I could edit velocities, mix and over all have better sounds.
For my piano track, I am using the mini grand plug in because it is the most authentic, but it won't let me set/save the settings/levels. My output level for that track keeps jumping back to MAX every time I hit play, the compare button will light up too, making it seem to me that it didn't save the setting. Obviously this is making my track clip horribly.
Even when I save the settings, it still won't stay.

I generally don't use midi, but I am trying to expand, and since I'm wanting to mix this particularly classical style piece and transferring it from Sibelius, midi just seemed the easiest.

I have come so far in this project, and this track peeking is holding me back.

I appreciate the help.

Hunter

Pro Tools 9.0.5
M-audio Fast Track Pro
Mac OSX 10.9.5