Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 01-28-2003, 01:06 PM

Default Re: Imported Audio Syncing???

Both of you were using exactly the same tempo?

When I import tracks from Reason, I use "spot" to drag them into the track(s). When the location prompt pops up, make sure it says to place the file at measure 1, or whatever the time stamp should say for that file. Remember that your PT session s/b set at the same tempo as the sound file you're importing.

When you place the file correctly, it should stay in sync with your other tracks all the way through. Mine do.

Hope this helps.
Old 01-28-2003, 01:17 PM

Another thought...He may not have been using a sequencer to record his part. If he was listening to your audio cd, and using GigaSampler (a sampler, not a sequencer)to record his part on another recorder, then that may be the problem. CD players (and sequencers) don't necessarily all play at the same speed.
Old 01-28-2003, 02:37 PM

Well, IM not sure how he recorded it, but I know, I had to chop that thing up to make it work.

Luckilly it was an organ that he was tracking, and it lays under there as a pad, cus I had extensive editing, as I mentioned before.

I guess I need to find out more on how he did it.

I sent him the track so he can import it, and play along with it, on another track, then just send me the organ track, but something went wrong.

Thanks
Old 01-28-2003, 03:20 PM

Never share files as audio files on a CD. Always use data files. Audio CDs have no error correction... and there's no guarantee that you won't lose data in the transfer.. and as you've discovered the tempo can change.

Rail
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Old 01-29-2003, 12:57 AM

Default Imported Audio Syncing???

I sent a song to a buddy of mine to put some keyboard tracks on.

I think he was using giga-studio or something like that.

Anyway, something happened, and he ended up sending the tracks back to me on a disc, as audio files. Well, once I got the intro synced up, I was good, but as the song progressed the track drifted from being dead on, until it sounded like he was playing ahead of the original track of music. I know it is not a timing problem with this guy, cuz he is a great session player.

I know I am ignorant in this area of recording, [img]images/icons/blush.gif[/img] can anyone please tell me what happened, and how I can avoid this problem?

I had to do hours of editing just to make these tracks work, and it was NO FUN. [img]images/icons/blush.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

Thanks
Chad