Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-27-2018, 06:57 PM

Default Pro Tools and Hi Rez Issues

Greetings fellow PT users. I have been battling this issue for some time now and it has virtually rendered PT unusable.

Problem. I upgraded my system to a 4K monitor and graphics card. This is not a dedicated system for recording, it serves in several different capacities, and that’s how it stands for now. Running Windows 10 64 with latest updates. Using a UA Apollo Twin. I don’t know when it began, or how, but PT was functioning normally with a good viewing size, all sub windows good viewing/reading size as well. Now, the text shrinks up to tiny size, and the windows within are all small as well, such as the transport bar, and especially the window’s for instruments. What’s worse is the instrument windows views are showing only the upper left quarter of the actual screen, and I cannot change the view anywhere. I have uninstalled PT several times, I have the graphics settings for 150% upsize for those windows, and it works until I load an instrument the it all instantly shrinks and I cannot reverse it. Incredibly maddening, and as stated earlier unusable. does anybody know of some fix? I have downloaded 2018 to see if it fairs any better, but the same issue occurs with it. Don’t know what to do, Hopefully some techie types are familiar with this issue and can lend their advice. Thanks in advance.