Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2005, 09:24 AM

Default Effect only Selected Option?

Hi. I want to ask in PT LE 6.9 if you have a lot of notes on a track can you select certain notes you want to affect and then for example use the pencil tool to adjust the velocity of only the notes you selected? Is this possible? I tried some possible shortcut possibilities but nada. Thanks again. Oh yea my Redskins won!

Pentium4 (2.4Ghz)
Windows XP Home Edition (SP2)
80GB HD
1GB Ram
Digi002
Protools 7.0
Mackie HR-824's
Old 11-07-2005, 03:38 PM

Default Re: Affect only Selected?

washingtonians are fuggin freaks about football. I lived there when I was a kid and when they won the superbowl (like 1914 or something) WE GOT THE DAY OFF FROM SCHOOL! wtf? Don't misunderstand me, I was down but wtf? freaks.

yeah, there's a couple of ways of doing this, depending on what you wanna do. I haven't used to MIDI too much in PT so some one may have a faster way. if you're just trying to scale a specific note's velocities (like all the hi hats or something) I think it's ctrl+click on that note on the piano and then go to midi operations and do your do. if it's a bunch of notes randomly I usually copy them to a new track and deal with them there. I think 7 is supposed to help us out here.

I've never tried it but it's always frustrating when you have a bunch of notes stacked and want to change the velocity of just one. you might try edit>bring to front to deal with that note's velocity? no idea if this will work and I'm not next PT to test it.

hope I was even close to what you were asking about.

Will
Old 11-08-2005, 02:57 PM

Default Re: Effect only Selected?

Close but i meant with the pencil tool so that when you drag it over the selected notes it only adjusts them and not also the unselected notes. I think it would be quicker to drag the pencil tool across the notes you want to adjust instead of always going into the menu option for velocities. I know Reason allows you do do this, so I am wondering if it is also in PT LE 6.9. Thanks though

Pentium4 (2.4Ghz)
Windows XP Home Edition (SP2)
80GB HD
1GB Ram
Digi002
Protools 7.0
Mackie HR-824's
Old 11-08-2005, 03:20 PM

Default Re: Effect only Selected?

You could try to select your notes, hit shortcut to switch into velocity view ( can´t recall it, think its ctl+start+alt+left arrow but I always get it wrong, so it´s probably ctrl+alt+right arrow), put the pencil into the upper half of the track ( it turns to a bracket (?))and then adjust velocity of those notes. Then keystroke back.
j