How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11

Old 07-19-2013, 05:42 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools 11 Student Upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Paine View Post
Your email was sent to you on July 17th. Check your junk mail folder and the PM I sent you.
Thank you very much Bruce, I really appreciate you replying so quickly.
Old 07-19-2013, 05:59 PM
Admin Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisistruth View Post
hey guys. i just got my PT 11 free upgrade today for a student license. read a few things that leads me to believe it isn't free. so i have to buy a new iLok 2 because PT 11 doesn't support the iLok 1 correct?
Correct.

Quote:
also, i purchased the virtual instrument expansion pack at the same time i bought PT 9 (so the instruments are RTAS format). will they be sending out free upgrades for the instrument expansion pack to AAX support for students?
No, but the company that owns those plug-ins (AIR Music Technology) will be releasing an upgrade. They have posted information in their Support/Knowledge Base:
Pro Tools 11 and AAX Plug-in Support FAQ

Your Pro Tools 11 license includes a license for Pro Tools 10. If you coinstall Pro Tools 10.3.6 with Pro Tools 11, you would need to use any RTAS plug-ins on Pro Tools 10 that are not AAX 64-bit format for Pro Tools 11.

Quote:
and lastly, is there somewhere i can find out what is included in the air creative collection 11 download? i looked through the site and it's kind of a maze. thanks for the help!
To see what is included with Pro Tools 11:
  1. Click on the Pro Tools 11 graphic on the top right side of the forum
  2. Then click on Tech Specs
  3. Then on Bundled AAX plug-ins
Old 07-19-2013, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Your email was sent to you on June 25th. Check your junk mail folder and the PM I sent you.
Bruce, I just got your message, thanks, you are the man!
Old 07-19-2013, 06:52 PM

Thank you very much, Bruce! It seems several of us were sent codes on June 25th and the email never made it to our mailboxes. This makes me think there may have been a problem either with the sending server or the receiving server. Anyway, I'm happy my account didn't get lost somewhere :)
Old 07-19-2013, 07:05 PM

Bruce,

I have not received me email either. I have checked inbox and spam daily (too often probably). The AVID account is setup with the same email address used for the forum. The AVID account says "M-Powered to PT 10 Crossgrade Student Verified" at the top. If you have any info, that would be great, if not I appreciate you assistance regardless.

Thank you.
Old 07-19-2013, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Your email was sent to you on July 17th. Check your junk mail folder and the PM I sent you.
Thank you!
Old 07-20-2013, 12:47 AM

I haven't received my email yet either. And yes, I checked the spam folder.

Maybe it has do to with the fact that I changed the email address associated with my AVID account to my gmail address. How do I sort that out now? In my AVID account it clearly says: "Pro Tools 10.0 Upgrade from PT9 Student Verified." So I shouldn't worry just yet, right? Thanks for help and tips.

P.S.: Is there any news on an academic price for an CPTK to HD update? The $599 are simply too much for me at the moment. But it's sad that I loose features if I don't upgrade to HD. The vanilly PT is really too crippled in my opinion.
Old 07-20-2013, 12:54 AM

No email here either, the 9-10 upgrade came through fine last time and I'm still within 4 years.
Spam folder checked (and rechecked)
Old 07-20-2013, 01:33 AM

matthias ...

No news on academic CPTK upgrade pricing yet. Avid (via Marianna) has been supplied with the necessary evidence ...

1) my complete documentation record uncluding bank statements to show how much I paid and that it was bought via the Digidesign Education Store ... and

2) a link to the website page (On Studica.com) that was offering it with a student discount until very recently (it was still offered on 25th June) ... in fact up until a day or two after I supplied Avid with the link (not that I'm suggesting there is any coincidence in me supplying the link to Avid and the student discount pricing disappearing from Studica).

Hopefully Avid will come back with more info soon.
Pro Tools 2018, Media Composer 8.9, Sibelius 8.7, Cubase Pro 10, Wavelab Pro 9.5, Logic Pro X, Mainstage 3.
Various apps, soft synths, FX plugins.
Plenty of hardware synths, rack gear, microphones etc.
And then there's the studio ;-)
Old 07-20-2013, 02:41 AM
Admin Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimp View Post
No email here either, the 9-10 upgrade came through fine last time and I'm still within 4 years.
Spam folder checked (and rechecked)