Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2009, 03:52 PM

Default Help with 003 and Adobe software

I am trying to get my 003 rack to work with Adobe Premiere elements/pro/AfterFX/etc. I loaded up premiere pro, and every time I try to select the digidesign ASIO driver, it freezes up. I uninstalled premiere pro and loaded up premiere elements. I loaded up the mme helper program and added premiere elements to the list of accepted programs. Now, when I select the digidesign ASIO driver, it doesn't freeze, but the link light just flashes. If I select the default premiere elements driver, the link light stays on, but there is no sound.

If I go into the control panel and go to the sounds portion, I can select some of the system sounds and sample them, and I hear them through the speakers. I made sure to turn system sounds off, so that they don't interfere with the other programs.

Can someone please help me figure this out? I have a video that I need to get finished by Tuesday afternoon, and I am running out of options. I don't need any fancy multitrack in/out, I just need to hear one track of audio coming out of premiere elements.

Am I going to need to go buy a separate sound card just to make this work? If so, are there USB soundcards that would work with this, or do I need a card?

I am running an i7 computer with 6 gigs of ram, windows XP SP3.
Old 05-10-2009, 03:55 PM

Default Re: Help with 003 and Adobe software

Does your motherboard have on-board audio? (Most of them do...) even though they recommend against it, I've had great success on my backup PT rig letting the Mbox handle PT and the on-board sound card handle everything else.
Old 05-13-2009, 08:41 AM

I have an i7 system and 003 rack, it runs with Premiere CS3 but its flaky at times, i have to be gentle with it.so to answer your question it does work.

I am new to pro tools LE, im not going to rant, just to say i think its Pathetic that there are so many issues with it.

Steinberg is so much a superior company, with quality products!

If i have a session open, and take a break for a cup of tea when i come back PT LE will have completly frozen and I have to force a reboot, this is crazy.

Also I cant play .mov's with QT even with the recomended version as the audio is all choppy.

Although I am curious who has more issues with PT LE, Microsoft or MAC users.

As I am using XP I wonder is it any better on a Mac?
Old 05-14-2009, 02:45 AM

MME Helper is for use with the WaveDriver... it has nothing to do with the ASIO driver.

Rail
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Old 05-14-2009, 07:03 AM

There is, and has been for YEARS, an issue with pt hardware and Quicktime/I-tunes, but then again, let's remember, Digi makes Pro Tools hardware to work with THEIR software
specifically, so it was never intended to be an all-in-one solution in the first place.
I think you'll find the majority of XP users on here who have taken the time to make sure their systems follow Digi's recommendations are VERY pleased with Pro Tools (present company inclusive, and I rely on mine as my sole source of income.)
Please post a sandra report on your system ;we might be able to nail down some of the causes.
Old 05-14-2009, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rail Jon Rogut View Post
MME Helper is for use with the WaveDriver... it has nothing to do with the ASIO driver.

Rail
I was unable to get it to work with either the ASIO driver, or to get it to work as a regular windows soundcard, that's why I tried the MME Helper. I ended up reenabling the motherboard onboard sound, plugging that into the aux input on the 003, and running things that way, and that works just fine. At this point there are too many other things I have to work on to spend any more time figuring this out.
Old 05-14-2009, 10:15 AM

That's the most reliable way to do it anyway. +1!!!!