How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2020
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-03-2020, 10:32 AM

Default Clip List - Multiple Clip Drag & Drop in 2020.3

Hi everyone

I am having an issue with multiple clip drag and drop from the clip list in 2020.3.

I have imported some ‘loop loft’ pro tools multi files into a blank session; there are five clips for each section of the session e.g. ‘intro - hats’, ‘intro - kick’ etc. and when I click and drag the initial five clips into the edit window five new tracks are created as expected.

When I then select the next five and try to click and drag nothing happens so I have to then select and drag each of the clips to its relevant track.

I am certain that in the past I have been able to select multiple clips and they then drop (using ‘top to bottom’ setting) onto the correct tracks as they are always in the same order.

Is there something I am missing here please?

Many thanks

OSX Sierra

Avid S3 & Artist Transport

UAD Apollo Twin
Old 04-03-2020, 03:08 PM

Default Re: Clip List - Multiple Clip Drag & Drop in 2020.3

If I got it right, it's not a 2020.3 issue.
The last item on the clip list menu (on the right) is whether clips stack side by side or separated to tracks vertically.
Old 04-04-2020, 03:14 AM

Default Re: Clip List - Multiple Clip Drag & Drop in 2020.3

Many thanks for your response.

Yes I was aware of that setting and it is set correctly, as when I drag the first batch of clips e.g. 'Intro' into the edit window, the tracks are created and stack vertically.

It's adding the next batch of clips e.g. 'verse' where I have the issue and previously, when they were dragged in, they just appended to the correct tracks (the clips are always in the same order, top to bottom).

Thanks for your help.

OSX Sierra

Avid S3 & Artist Transport

UAD Apollo Twin