Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > ProControl, Control|24, Command|8

Old 03-27-2017, 07:10 PM

Default Command8 power issue and repair?

Hi

I have a Command8 that's been in use for years....recently it has started power recycling itself. It will be on and then it will power off and then back on. Sometimes when on, the power goes completely out and I have to flip the power switch to get it back on.

I'm wondering if someone knows what the problem is and how I might be able to fix it myself. Hoping that would be a cheaper option compared to picking up a used one

Thanks in advance!
Old 03-28-2017, 04:11 AM

Default Re: Command8 power issue and repair?

I would be very interested in anyone that have knowledge in command 8 repair too..I have too ..one with a faulty usb connection and one with a faulty fader ( replacing the fader does not solve the problem. .)..

Envoy้ de mon SM-G920F en utilisant Tapatalk
Old 03-28-2017, 06:26 AM

We have one for sale approx $175 so i doubt it would be worth sending it away for repair but IF ypu do then get a quote of the repair estimate before you enter into an agreement.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 03-29-2017, 05:35 AM

Anyone with a clue of what s going with mine? One of the fader always goes all the way down ( without writing anything in PT ) . Since I have 2 unit I already replace the fader with a working one and that didn't solve the problem. .the fader works randomly for a day and the next day it goes down again.. could it be firmware related? If so Can it be solve sadly with a mac ?

Envoy้ de mon SM-G920F en utilisant Tapatalk