Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10

Old 06-16-2013, 03:55 PM

Default Deactivating / Re-activating PT 10/11

***RESOLVED***

Hello,

I need some help please.

How do I deactivate my PT 10/11 bundle from one computer to set it up on another (better) computer? I looked on Avid's site but could not find anything on deactivating my downloads. I tried pulling the iLoK while PT was open and while that did (obviously) de-authorize further use, Avid is telling me I already activated it and that basically I only get to do that once. Doesn't make sense to me; that's why I think I'm missing something. Help?

Thanks

D

Last edited by Danny; 06-16-2013 at 07:43 PM. Reason: Resolved
Old 06-16-2013, 04:25 PM

Default Re: Deactivating / Re-activating PT 10/11

All you need is the ilok with the license. You can install it on 100 machines, then plug your ilok license in and use it on anyone of those computers at anytime.
No need to deactivate, the license is tied to the ilok.

Pro Tools HD 2019.12 | HD Native PCIe & HD Native Thunderbolt | Lynx Aurora 16 HD | HD I/O | Digi 192 | 2010 Mac Pro 12 Core 3.46ghz | macOS Mojave 10.14.4 | 48 gigs RAM | Tascam DM3200 | Crane Song Avocet II | Antelope Isochrone OCX | Universal Audio Quad & Duo | Waves Mercury + Studio Classics v10 & Abbey Road Collection
Old 06-16-2013, 05:00 PM

Thanks for the reply.

That's what I thought, and I tried that first and got this msg:

"We are sorry, but this code has already been used to activate software, and can only be used once.

If you have previously used this code to activate your product, please check your account for your downloads and codes.

If this is the first time you've used this code and it shows as already used, please contact customer support
."

That's when I tried pulling the iLoK while PT was open, but that got me the same result when trying to activate on the new computer again.

Last edited by Danny; 06-16-2013 at 05:01 PM. Reason: Incomplete answer
Old 06-16-2013, 05:08 PM

So your getting that message on the new computer or second install of Pro Tools?

If that is the case, skip that initial registration screen when you first launch Pro Tools or select the option that you already registered and it will say thank you and go away. It might be the option that says you upgraded or something. Don't select the option to authorize.
Either way you do not need to authorize the second installation. Once you registered it with AVID it is registered and once you get the license on the ilok you can plug it in to any machine that has PT 10 and fire it up.

Pro Tools HD 2019.12 | HD Native PCIe & HD Native Thunderbolt | Lynx Aurora 16 HD | HD I/O | Digi 192 | 2010 Mac Pro 12 Core 3.46ghz | macOS Mojave 10.14.4 | 48 gigs RAM | Tascam DM3200 | Crane Song Avocet II | Antelope Isochrone OCX | Universal Audio Quad & Duo | Waves Mercury + Studio Classics v10 & Abbey Road Collection
Old 06-16-2013, 07:42 PM

Default RESOLVED: Deactivating / Re-activating PT 10/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by 29CountsNY View Post
So your getting that message on the new computer or second install of Pro Tools?

If that is the case, skip that initial registration screen when you first launch Pro Tools or select the option that you already registered and it will say thank you and go away. It might be the option that says you upgraded or something. Don't select the option to authorize.
Either way you do not need to authorize the second installation. Once you registered it with AVID it is registered and once you get the license on the ilok you can plug it in to any machine that has PT 10 and fire it up.
I was getting that message when I was trying to use the activation code to download the bundle to my new computer - which I found out that was what i was doing wrong. When I logged into 'my account', I was clicking "Download & Activate My Products," when I should have been clicking "Vew My Product Details." When I did that it brought up my iLoK licenses and available downloads and everything downloaded just fine.

Download & Activate My Products
View My Product Details
Products Not Yet Downloaded

Thank you for your help, 29CountsNY, much appreciated!

D